Friday, May 23, 2025

Yard work at Kaylin's

It was a gorgeous, sunny morning before 8 a.m. Bird and Roo were napping in the sun, but B was worried about Roo’s feet still. So, she asked me to go outside and send video of her moving before giving her Bute after seeing said movement. Dr. Jordan and she decided to come out and check her out after lunch.


Stella always follows me around outside, even in the middle of the herd!

While I was outside, I set up the sprinkler on the grassed area that had lots of skid steer marks from work yesterday. I also fed Harley her breakfast.

S finished his porridge as I jumped in the shower. He went out to thatch up the skid steer tracks with the fan rake, hoping the water will perk them back up. I did a poop scoop loop while S was troubleshooting the underdeck pump system. After a frustrating time, he finally found a small seed had been pumped into the sprinkler head. The pump was actually working fine.

S’s next challenge was hooking up the trailer in the arena and pulling it out. It seemed the batteries were bad, and the hitch wouldn’t catch. After about an hour of struggling, he finally had success. I gathered tools and seeds to take into the Boysis’s home to help trim trees and give their yard a hand.

We were eating lunch when Britt and Dr. Jordan arrived at 12:30 p.m. Roo had an exam and X-rays and things looking better than B worried about, but we headed to the city after 1 p.m. before they were done. Our first stop was Hearing Life to get new batteries, which required going in on 16th. This detour had us arrive at Kaylin’s at 2:30 p.m. just as the rain started to fall. It wasn’t raining hard, so I trimmed the front pine tree while N & S carried the little freezer downstairs and worked on setting up a tree bracket arm device called “Build a Branch.” However, they decided against actually putting it on until they get a kids’ swing. Kaylin was cleaning out the stinky freezer (they did not know fridges/freezers need to stay open when not in use), kitchen cleaning and doing laundry that piled up after a week till they go new machines delivered the other day. Renn and I moved to the backyard to trim the apple tree, only to get rained out. The rain came down hard. 


my helper

The rain gutters overflowed water everywhere, and even a little hail came down. It didn’t last long, but it came down hard. Renn had a snack while waiting, and I convinced her to wear sweatpants instead of shorts to go back outside.  During the rain delay, S also helped Nate troubleshoot the door closing issues upstairs. He suggested thicker screws because most holes were stripped, causing the alignment issues. 


RAIN


snack time for little miss

I went back out to finish the apple tree. I also did some other trees in the backyard, including a huge thunder child crab apple in full pink blossoms then back to the front, where I sawed off a lot of dead branches on the mountain ash. Their poor green bin was full, as were many other piles. I started on the raspberry bushes, but I stopped in case they had to rearrange the bin and save getting poked. The sun was out in full force now, making for a lovely day. S checked out the gutters and found that the downspout was jammed with leaves, which he solved. 


Sheldon snapped these pics of me in a tree and my little helper below


We packed up and made our way home at 5 p.m., but we took a detour to Joey Chinook, one of our favourite restaurants for supper. Nothing was taken out at home, so we decided to go there. It was tasty as usual, but oh my, have prices gone up! A short draft beer is over $8, a gin & tonic is $17, and if I wanted Empress gin, I had to add $5! Steaks ranged from $65 to $71. WTH? We went with our usual market salad with chicken and a tuna club.

On my way home, I had another Etsy sale for the vintage bar case. Unfortunately, the shipping price was completely incorrect. I’ll probably need to cancel it, but I’ll check it at home.

Back home, just before 7 p.m., S turned on the hockey game and hit big brown. After sending Harley out to pee, I fed her supper and soaked B’s food. The shipping price was still way off, even though this one is within Canada. It was only $13, which is way too low requiring another $14. Will see what the buyer wants to do. And to make matters worse, we had zero rain here.

Another surprise was that I made a second Etsy sale on the drive home. This one was for the green floral box that’s heading to San Francisco. I was searching for a box for it when B arrived at 7:30 p.m. and found the absolute perfect one. It was meant to be! I packaged it up, printed a label, and it’s ready to go. Meanwhile, B headed out to trim Roos’ toes back. I worked on today’s blog with a much cheaper beverage. I published my headboard tutorial and started sharing it with other sites.

On another positive Note, Papa was released from the hospital yesterday after over 4 months in the hospital. YAY!! He and Grama have gotten an apartment next door at Riverside to make things simpler for him to get around in his wheel chair and be together. They also have all inclusive features such as dining room meals, a theatre, housekeeping and much more. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment