Tuesday, May 6, 2025

Belated birthday lunch

The day wasn’t just windy, but rather torrential winds. Yuck! I woke up early again and started my Spanish lessons before chatting with Ma K at 8. She was calling to learn more about Kaylin. Kaylin texted that she was feeling better and hoped to be discharged by 9, but of course, it wasn’t until before noon. I made and delivered coffees in bed. I then quickly did my marketing work while S had breakfast.


Seems Britt and I are int he same league this week, I told her I was coming for her spot.

Before noon, I headed out to meet Sharon and Coreena for my belated birthday lunch at a new Greek place. It turns out that Tara and Archie, who used to run the Greek place in Hanna years ago, own this one. We started with a fancy cocktail and flaming cheese, followed by our dinner meals. It was a great catchup as usual, but it went quickly, wrapping up after 1:30.

I stopped at a garden centre looking for a pear tree so we can grow pears as you need 2 trees unless grafted which this one is not, but they were sold out. I then tried Walmart, but no luck. I grabbed a few groceries and had them adjust yet another messed-up receipt. The deposits on milk were charged three times! My luck wasn’t going well. As I walked out pushing my cart, I found myself stepping on crunchy stuff. Looking down, I saw my spaghetti bag emptying into a long trail. I went back to get an unopened bag and went straight home.

As I pulled in the gate, I saw S had the skid steer buried in the pit. I called from the house to see if he needed help, and he did. He had gotten the tractor, so Harley and I walked down. I got to be the skid steer operator while he tugged me out. Then, I took the tractor home with Harley following behind.



S got the mud off the skid steer tires, drove it back, and put both machines away. Then, he jetted off to Matt’s to check out another issue there. I worked on accounting. Kaylin did not sleep once home but did rest before she picked Renn up from daycare and spent some time outside. I'm very glad she’s feeling better; it was a scary situation for everyone. Shaina texted this morning that she safely landed in the Philippines and is now waiting for Emily to arrive before they set off to meet Shannon.


Nathan shared these deck photos


S returned home and settled into his big brown chair and I on the couch writing today’s blog as the winds continued to howl. You know it’s really windy when your toilet water has waves. With my sore throat and cough, I had a hankering for hamburger soup, so that was my next task while S napped. It was a good supper seeing I had 2 bowls and S had 3!

He then went downstairs to watch multiple hockey games, while I took a run at Britt’s first place. I managed to get there, but it seems once she returned home after feeding the horses in the terrible winds she reclaimed her #1 spot. I read my library book till he was done watching hockey and it was lights out.



If only human eyes had no wrinkle filters :)




No comments:

Post a Comment