Today promises to be a beautiful day with a high of 28 degrees Celsius. I woke up early and started making lists in my head, but I couldn’t seem to get back to sleep until 8. After coffee and taking my Roo meds, I got to work on marketing. The fellow sent the remaining shipping, so I labeled and prepared it for shipment to Ontario.
S had breakfast and chatted with Candace while I finished up yesterday’s blog. Unfortunately, the wind is still blowing, which is a real bummer. Hot and dry weather isn’t ideal for the hay field, grass, and gardens. I went outside to hand water my planters and garden. S mowed the laneway ditches while I was back at work on accounting and marketing. Shaina FaceTimed me for a nice catch-up.
I drove to town at noon to pick up Cooper and drop off the Etsy parcel. My car indicated 30 degrees on the way home, but the rest of the weather forecast predicts 28 degrees. Regardless of the temperature, it’s like a scorching hot windstorm outside.
Back home, I began dark staining the two chairs. A severe thunderstorm warning had been issued, so I alerted S, who went outside to put the fireball in the shop and other items. He also finished mowing the laneway, as it seemed he had only done one pass each way earlier. Afterward, he ran the grader down the road.
I finished staining the chairs and then moved on to a quick bit of marketing and blog work. While my riding videos uploaded, I took the dogs for a walk in this crazy hot wind. Back at the house, they were fed and went inside to nap. S sent me photos from yesterday’s ride, so I cropped, edited, and uploaded them, and the post was published.
Sausage was cooked on the BBQ in the wind. We watched the music awards until S ran to get mail and stopped at a neighbour’s for a work quote. I put on a second coat of stain on the chairs. B didn’t make it out to feed and give meds until after 9, having a board meeting after work. The winds had lessened a bit but at least no hail arrived. I was planting up my rooted basil plants. She did a quick horse care and was off before 10. I started a new book in the “Court of Thorns” series, lent to me by B while S watched hockey. I read until midnight :)


No comments:
Post a Comment