After our usual morning routine, we headed out to finish the garden. I sourced the cardboard, prepped and cut it while S took the skid steer to pit for a load of chips. Despite the blustery weather, it was a challenge to keep the cardboard in place, but we managed to get it done.
Awe XOXOXO
Sheldon took the above picture of Jenkins lounging in the garden as I planted seeds
and his view out of the skid steer getting chips, and the pit contouring progress
the 3 amigos
We used part of the second load of chips and placed it around the bottle tree and flower bed. S then took the last of it to put around the white spruce. While S was doing this, I tidied up the fire pit area, swept, and pruned the trees.
S took a break at Big Brown after lunch. I went out and planted radishes, zucchini, and carrots in the garden. The peas, radishes, and onions are now up, so I planted my annuals in the planters and watered them as well. I also planted the tomatoes. The internet says to plant them with a cracked egg, which is supposed to give calcium, phosphorus, and other nutrients directly to the hole, so I did that. Let’s see how it works out!
I also planted zucchini in the raised bed. We love baby zucs! Everything was watered in. While S finished putting two more loads of chips around the big evergreens, I pruned the roses and dug weeds. We loaded up and drove to town at 3:30 to pick Cooper. First, we stopped at Tim Hortons for an iced cap, then we stopped at Can Tire for S to grab a battery and I some cabbage and broccoli plants. Cooper was picked up, and I dropped off a library book. We headed back to the ranch.
S put the battery in the swather and moved it further into the arena while I planted the veggies and watered them in. S was in big brown and soon asleep as I cooked supper. After eating, he washed up the pots and pans while I took the dogs for a walk. Back at the house, we headed out for a soak in the hot tub after all our landscaping and gardening.
someone got new rain boots.. that light up
total different look with the wooden chair right?
I changed into my pyjamas and was just getting ready to start today’s blog and S was watching hockey when B arrived at 7:30. She asked me to join her for a ride, and who can resist that in the golden hour? I changed and caught Switch as S moved to the bed and turned on the TV for hockey. We had a nice evening ride, although now the mosquitoes are coming out. I put Switch back in her paddock and brought Bird out while B made food. After giving Switch her tub, I changed back into pyjamas and joined S in bed to write the blog on my iPad. What a productive day!
No comments:
Post a Comment