It was a beautiful day at 7 am with no wind and full sun. I perused Instagram until S woke up, then he made his coffee and we headed to X. I made mine and hopped in the shower. Glen and Roxy are coming this morning to shoot skeets, so I did some quick marketing before giving Roo her meds and letting Beibs out. S was out shooting his gun after his porridge. I made lemonade and tidied the bathrooms quickly. If only I had made a banana loaf! Last-minute plans do hinder good hostessing, for sure. We always have cold beer, so that’s good. It’s already getting hot out.
While S mowed the septic paddock, I hand-watered my planters and raised beds.
They arrived at 10 am. Roxie and I carried the rocking chairs over as the guys set up and the visiting and shooting began. Roxie had picked up scones on the way for a tasty treat, thanks! The guys took a couple of beverage breaks and wrapped it up after two. We pulled together a BBQ burger late lunch before they headed home at 3:30 pm. S jumped in his truck and took off to his rodeo work bee. I headed to town to pick up Cooper.
Back at the house, I helped a customer with refinishing questions and then took the dogs for a walk in the balmy 24-degree weather. It felt hotter, but the lack of wind made the day magical. I tried to start the pump, but it wouldn’t work. Harley ate, but Coop was on strike. I was just coming in when some of Matt’s workers unexpectedly arrived and took the skid steer. They couldn’t get ahold of Sheldon, but Matt said it was okay. Well, that’s great if Matt said it was okay.
B was out at 7:30, suggesting a ride, which was perfect in this weather. We were just untacking when S returned after 8:30. B fed the horses and then left for home. I made a yogurt bowl for supper because S hadn’t brought anything home while in town and was off to watch some Netflix in bed. S had a couple of burgers while watching the hockey game and then went for a hot tub. I switched to reading a book and again read until midnight.




No comments:
Post a Comment