Sunday, May 4, 2025

Take Renn home & Christmas dinner with Shaina

I woke up at 7:30 AM to see raindrops covering the window. The rain lessened by the time S woke up. Little Miss stirred at 7:45 AM but quickly fell back asleep. She continued to stir occasionally until 9:30 AM!! In the meantime, I brewed our coffees and had a quick shower before S left for the rodeo grounds volunteer work bee before 9:00 AM.

After 9:30 AM, I woke up the smiley little princess, and our day began. We had lots of kids’ songs playing in the background while she had breakfast and played toys. 





A fellow arrived at 11 AM to pick up the dresser. I found spare pieces of backboard that I had in hopes that he could make it stable for his weekend daughter visits. Renn and I installed the car seat and headed in for lunch of Alphghetti with a fruit and cheese of course. S returned home from his volunteer morning after 12 PM for leftover lunch.


slow but steady milk drinker ;)

At 12:30 PM, I was debating whether to put Renn down to sleep or make the trip home. B read her stories and played a bit while I packed her things. We headed off after 1. The drive back was easy, as she had snacks and necklaces to wear. We ended the drive with a few minutes of Bluey on the iPad. The day was cool and blustery, which was a contrast to yesterday.



Kaylin was at work, Nathan was doing computer tasks, and Shaina was looking for a hotel for her first night in the Philippines tomorrow when we arrived after 2 p.m. Renn was stoked to share her band skills and play for a short while before Shaina put her down for a nap at 2:30 p.m. We headed to National Restaurant for our Christmas gift dinner from and with her. It was a great catch-up of past, present, and future life events, with a side of politics.


1-2, a 1-2-3-4


Back at the Boysis home, Renn was up, Nathan was cooking chicken on the BBQ, and Kaylin was home from work. Shaina and I took Renn to the backyard and then the park after she had supper with her parents. Sheldon was comfortably on the couch, watching the big hockey playoff game.




The game got really intense when the Jets scored two goals in the last two minutes to tie. We watched the first overtime period. Shaina bathed Renn and put her to bed. We gave hugs and headed home after 8:30 p.m., listening to the game on the way. The Jets won!

Harley was sent out to pee. Thanks, B, for feeding her supper today before you left at 4 p.m. after deworming the horses. S hit the TV for hockey highlights, along with a bowl of ice cream, fruit, and a pound of peanuts. I read a bit, then we watched more of the series, but S fell asleep quickly, so I was back to cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment