Another lazy start to the day at the ranch. We had coffees in bed while doing some Duolingo. The deck was damp, and there were some puddles in the stones. Although there was a slight amount of rain in the rain gauge, it was perfect for my seeds and tubers. I planted radishes and peas two weeks ago, and they’re starting to grow.
Next on my to-do list was marketing, followed by X for S after the pets were fed and we had breakfast. S ran to town to drop off recyclables and pick up an antique desk that AJ had scored online for me. I had a Zoom call at 11, so I ordered OPA online and made spinach salads to have with it once he was back before 12:30. What a tasty lunch!
Stole this photo of Nathan's too
At noon, B and Coop were out doing their usual. She took today off to give herself a nice 5 day vacation. Roo and B headed out first, followed by Bird’s ride. In the meantime, S relaxed in his big brown chair, perusing his laptop, and I caught up on the blogs with a bonus coffee I made us. Yesterday’s blog had lots of videos that needed to be converted or compressed, but they are memories worth watching.
The rain started at 3 just after B finished her ride on Bird. S and I hurriedly brought in the antique table. B came in to eat her late lunch while I typed away and S perused his “news” (I think X is like the Sun… not much news, but more junk). She finished eating, and we gave Cooper his cartrophen shot. She went back outside for a bit to tidy the barn. Accounting was next for me, while I added some missing photos and a non-working video to Mother’s Day post. S slept in big brown, awakening himself with his own snores off and on. It was a pretty lazy day for him. The rain let up, having dropped only 1/10th, which was perfect for my gardens and pots.
Happy 60th birthday to Debby today!! Cheers to many more years.
Supper was easy today because we had leftover steak tenderloin and vegetables from last night. No cook days are a bonus! B continued tidying up the barn and cleaning tack before heading home at 6:30. We watched the Voice finale, taking a short break to go have a hot tub soak. S missed the last part of the Voice and the winner selection chatting with his Uncle Jerry. The rest of the night was spent reading in bed.






No comments:
Post a Comment