Wednesday, May 7, 2025

Garden and yard work

I woke coughing at 6:30 and decided to get out of bed and not wake the sleeping prince. I made a coffee and got to work on marketing my wares. I am back as an affiliate with Fusion so decided to share a link or 2 in hopes of drumming up some sales.

Once S was roused, he had coffee and porridge. We headed out to work on the garden again. I planted onions along the peas, and weeded the long north end, which took a lot of time due to the quack grass. We also cleared the two walkways, laid down new cardboard, and spread straw. S got a bucket of topsoil to amend the long end, and I covered it with straw as well. Then, we soaked the straw so it wouldn’t blow away.




my tulips are blooming!

We headed inside to eat lunch, and S left for town at 12:30 p.m. for hockey. I went back out and planted radishes, beets, and carrots along the other side of the peas and onions at the garden shed. Be darned if I did not get my first mosquito bite of the year, looks like it is full on moxie season. I also watered the garden and the back flower bed.



what is wrong with this photo? LOL

B and Coop were out at 2 p.m. as I finished up yesterday’s blog post and published it. While she caught the horses, I changed into riding clothes and we went for a triple lap conditioning training with some extra circles for Switch in the 24-degree heat. Afterward, B fed them and put them back in the winter pasture. while I got busy hand watering my dahlia pots and strawberry plants. I also did some more weeding in the flower beds and pruned the rose bushes. B headed home before 4:30 p.m. as Harley’s food was coming in to be delivered.

I hauled the wagon around and pruned more trees and plucked more quack grass. It’s definitely getting green and trees are leafing out. Spring is here! The wind started to pick up around 5 p.m. when S got home. I was hauling in the cardboard boxes so they wouldn’t blow away. We had planned to finish the garden tonight, but I’m in need of a hot tub. So, after supper, we’ll soak away the sore lower back muscles.

S hit big brown for hockey, I showered and made us yogurt fruit bowls after we changed the sheets. I crawled in and wrote today's blog on my iPad before reading. Is there a better feeling than a shower and clean sheets. I once again read till hockey ended and it was lights out.

No comments:

Post a Comment