Sunday, May 25, 2025

Big dresser sale!

I woke up early again, as sunny days tend to do. I spent some time scrolling through Instagram before making a cup of coffee. I took it to my desk and started working on marketing and catching up with the vintage bar case guy. A couple of people were interested in the large black dresser and headboard and have planned to come see it today. I also responded to a few other inquiries about pieces.


This was actually yesterday morning but it got missed. Big girls breakfast time.

I got dressed and headed outside to water my pots and raised beds. This required moving hoses, but I managed to get it done. I also turned on the pump in the back yard, where the tire marks remain. S was up with a coffee in bed, doing Spanish before having breakfast. I fed Harley and was giving Roo her morning medication when S left for church. Matt came in to return the dump trailer after 9:30.

I worked on tutorials and blog posts while moving the sprinkler. The chair was brought in, and I love the darker colour. The other five chairs will be hauled in to scrub and stain. Our current chairs were posted for sale. The wind picked up stopping the sprinkler moving.

S returned home from church with a few groceries after 11:30. He had lunch while I waited, having already had two PB&H toasts earlier. 


Nathan sent pictures from his and Renn's adventures at Granary Road. This is the family active learning park that was 5 minutes from where B used to live over near Millarville.




Nate titled these "Renn Deere"

S helped me move a couple of pieces around in the garage to make room for the black dresser viewing. He then went outside to hook the truck to the little trailer with bale on it with the broken strings, making it easier to unload for buyer later. Another person was at the gate, whom he met and loaded up with some of the poplar wood we have stockpiled. While waiting for the couple to arrive, I tidied the garage.

They arrived after 1 with their dad. They loved the dresser and loaded it and the mirror up. Then, they all came in to see the coffee table I have for sale. They will go home, measure, and decide on it. They will also follow my page as they need more things. And they paid in cash—win-win!


Oh No! half this big tree winter killed!

I hauled down two more wooden dining chairs as S tied baler twine around the bale. S started mowing the lawn while I moved everything off, including 300 feet of hose and the sprinkler. His bale guy arrived, stopping his mowing, but that’s fine. I scrubbed up the chairs, wiped them dry, and set them outside in the sunshine to dry. Then, I hosed down the garage floor.

B was out before 3 as the bale guy finished cinching down his load and headed off. She gave Roo her meds, S returned to mowing, and I continued organizing my stock. B suggested a ride, so we all headed out for a bug-free ride in the hurricane winds. 


B pulled this splinter out of Roo's hip!!


My view


Sheldon took these photos while riding




I wore my hat to keep the sun off but it was a challenge in this blustery winds for sure



After our ride, B trimmed Switch and Bird's feet and did her horse care including feeding and meds, S finished mowing the grass and I prepped burgers for supper. B headed for home before 7. I vacuumed the main floor while S gave Harley a well needed bath. We watched a movie called Another Simple Favor. We started another movie but S was asleep in short order so I watched more LIB. The wind continued to blow.


No comments:

Post a Comment