Friday, May 16, 2025

Jumbo dresser complete

The day was a mix of sun, clouds, and dreary weather. I brewed my coffees, quickly did some marketing, and  a Spanish lesson. Back at the dresser, I painted the top of the dresser, noticing some marks along the back. The headboard had more areas with small, uneven marks fully painted too.


4 years ago today

I took down the tent and washed the floor in hopes of taking photos against the white garage door. The tent sure goes down much easier than setting up. It was a struggle getting the dresser near the door with the balancing on boards on an uneven floor and a back that is still killing me. After finishing up garage work, I went outside to water my planters and garden seeds by hand and scoop the poop.

At 1 p.m., I headed to town to pick up Cooper. I also treated myself to lunch—a wrap from Opa’s. While eating while driving, I grabbed the mail and headed back home before 2 p.m.

Earlier, an email informed me that my automated email campaign would start costing money on June 1st. So, for the next four hours, I researched alternative platforms. I signed up for a couple, only to find that the first one was primarily an RSS reader, and the second one was so similar to Mail Chimp. However, after much effort with customer support to transfer my subscriber list, the representative mentioned that it would cost after the 30-day trial period. That was frustrating!


On the bright side, he did provide me with an idea on how to send emails without incurring additional costs. After double-checking with my current email service, I decided to stay with them. It was a bit of a waste of my afternoon, but I did find a way to save $30 per month.


I also painted the dresser top again because it still wasn’t perfect. Black is a notorious color for showing marks. Then, I installed the hardware. The poll I posted asking if I should use gold or spray black paint was split. I tried adding black wax to one, but I’m not sure if it’s a good idea, so I think I’ll let the buyer decide.


The dogs were fed and sent outside. Afterward, I made leftover tacos for a later supper at 6 p.m. while watching LIB on my iPad. I moved the iPad to the computer room as I worked on today’s blog and finished yesterday’s. B arrived at her usual 7:30 p.m. to feed the dogs. I staged the dresser, and she left at 8 p.m. 


I changed to go for a hot tub, but it was now raining. But it was not that much of a rain however I was back to my tea and working on the blog so didn't go out. I finished Are you There God. Then I published Sheldon's DIY workbench tutorial and shared a few places while starting a new season of LIB. I wrapped up tutorial and blog work at 10 heading to bed to stretch out and watch a bit of Netflix.

No comments:

Post a Comment