I woke up at 7 a.m. I fed the animals, made our coffees, and did some Spanish before starting my marketing work. Meanwhile, my partner chose to stay in bed for a while longer.
Time to finish the dresser! I sprayed the hardware outside, sanded the design backs, lightly sanded the drawer fronts, and put them back in place. I had S help me carry the dresser base in after I screwed in four new glide feet. The drawer runners were hydrated, but as I lifted one drawer in the end, it popped off, requiring gluing, clamping, and drying time. The drawer runner was also broken off, so I headed out to where S was welding on his grader box to cut it for me. I then affixed it on and left it to dry while I put on the rest of the hardware.
I had a gal messaging about the tall white dresser, but after holding firm to a low ball offer, they’re coming to get it after lunch. I headed out and dug up the raised bed, then tried yet another way of planting seeds. In two small squares, I did half-randomly planted carrot, beet, spinach, and radish seeds, as well as six small onion bulbs. I watered them in along with the sweet peas I planted yesterday and the dahlia pots. Then, it was time to haul out from garden decor.
We both arrived for lunch after 12 p.m. to grab a sandwich. S went to the big brown to nap and study Spanish. I found a box for the travel bar and quickly packed it up, ready to go. Unfortunately, the postage Etsy calculated was completely incorrect and charged only half the actual cost. On top of their 20% cut, I wasn’t willing to take another $20 hit, so I canceled the order.
The drawer was brought in and the dresser was staged. Then, it was on to tidying the garage, which was ready for me to start another big dresser. B and Cooper were out, and their first task was to take a leisurely ride on Roo while ponying Bird. S returned from his welding tasks after 2 p.m. It’s a beautiful 21-degree day, just like yesterday.
The couple arrived just after 2:30 p.m. We managed to load their dresser into their SUV, which was tight, but they were off enjoying their drive from downtown Calgary. B finished her ride and then did Bird’s feet. S continued welding, worked on the hitch mover, and then took a joyride in the Ranger looking for gophers. He then joined me at my desk to create an invoice for his recent work. I reminded him that he needed to charge time for creating the invoice, as it was intense and took an hour! :) I worked on tutorials and sales posts.
B and Coop set off for home before 5 p.m., and the wind picked up even more. Ugh! S battled the wind to BBQ ribs and a potato pack while I cooked up a tasty zucchini supper. We really do eat well. Since it was Saturday, there was more hockey, and S was enjoying his viewing. I watched some Netflix until the wind subsided to a manageable gust, so I went for a hot tub. S joined me, and then he was back to hockey. After a shower, I Netflix, and then I switched to reading my book to get good and groggy.










No comments:
Post a Comment