Thursday, May 29, 2025

Over 30 degree day!

I frequently wake up after 5 am, but usually, I can fall back asleep. Today, however, I couldn’t. I tried listening to multiple podcasts, playing brain games, and had two coffees before 7:30 am. It was another sunny yet windy day outside. Sheldon woke up after 9 am for his coffee and porridge. I gave Roo her morning medication and took off her fly mask. The winds were insane, just drying the earth to a crisp.


good morning from the Boysis babies



And Shaina's tinfoil alert system to release the chipmunk trapped in her house, 


poor little rascal was parched after all the snacks she had set out as bait.

I spent some time on marketing and tried to figure out how to send out my weekly tutorial emails to my 950 subscribers. Sheldon went outside and put chips under the five east evergreens. In the garage, I started working on the antique table. I stripped and scrubbed the tops, then set them out to dry in the sun.

I came in for a break when Sheldon was having lunch and relaxing in his big brown chair. I decided to just have a quick piece of bread and then go back to the garage.


<3 1 year ago today

Next up was a growth ruler for Miss Renn. I sanded the board but found a sharp gouge on one side, so I glued it down and left it to dry before moving on. While it dried, I came in to write today’s blog. S was off to town before 2 p.m. for doctor and lab test appointments. I continued trying to find the cheapest way to continue my free tutorials, but each option has a catch, of course.

My coffee order was delivered, and the 30-degree temperature was too much, especially with the winds howling through all the open windows. So, I kicked on the A/C for the first time this year.


for our little artist XOXO

Back to the toasty garage, I filled the gouge with wood filler. Then, I laid it out to seal the back. Once dry, I flipped it, sanded the wood filler, and coated the front and sides. I was out in the furnace like a weather hand watering my plants after feeding Harley.

A birthday parcel was delivered, and S was back before 5 p.m. as I was finishing up. He had picked up Cooper too while in town.

I headed back to the sweatshop, literally at 30 in the garage, and sanded the tabletop and shelf. I cooked up a pot of chilli for supper. Just before 6, Matt's worker called needing S to go with the skid steer to assist, so off he went.


my gifted bouquet blooming

We were just starting our second bowl of chili when a fellow arrived to buy our dining chairs before 7. I had moved them all to the front door this afternoon, so it was quick for me to help him load them up and set off back to Calgary. I finished my bowl, tidied up, and headed to relax on the bed and read. S had moved from the kitchen TV to the TV room to watch the hockey game.


The wind was wicked today, but it picked up even more as B arrived at 7:45. As she was feeding at 8, it got even worse. It was like a dust bowl tornado of the 1930s. Still, she checked everyone over as they ate, finding a huge hematoma on Switch’s neck and a cut on Roo’s butt. She washed it up, doctored it, all the while sticking it out the wind. She and Cooper headed home around 8:30.

Finally, after 7 hours running straight, I switched the A/C to 24, which shut it off. It took that long to go from a high temperature alert to 24 degrees inside. It was a crazy hot day. Now, if only it would rain. I read only until 10:30 tonight, but I’ve already read over half of this 640-page book. S was off to bed after the Oilers secured their place in the Stanley cup much to his chagrin.

2 comments: