A huge windstorm blew at 6 a.m., waking us both. Fortunately, we fell asleep and the storm was gone by 7:30 a.m. The sun was shining, and it looked like another good day. I made our coffees while S fed the animals, and then we relaxed in bed, doing Spanish with our coffees. It was a pretty good brain-gaming routine.
It was time for a bagel and to get on with the day. S headed to Matt’s to figure out a equipment issue, and I went to marketing. I worked on marketing then to the garage wood filling and sanding the tall dresser as well as gluing yet another loose piece. He returned at 11 a.m. with the problem solved. He had a bowl of soup and was heading out the door to town by 11:30 a.m. for an early day of shinny this week - day 3. I ate my bowl alone then did a bit of tutorial work before heading back out to work on the dresser.
After sanding and painting a coat of cast iron, I hand-painted the drawers in the narrow groove, sanded them, and then applied the first coat of natural stain oil. I absolutely love this stuff! I was finishing up when S returned after 3:30 p.m. We had a cold beverage while S was on a conference call with this siblings, and I painted a second coat of paint on the dresser.
I also pulled out three planters I had forgotten I had under the stairs, still filled with dahlia tubers in dirt. This is how Ma K keeps hers, so I wanted to try it too. One pot had an incredibly long shoot, so I’ve watered them up and hope they grow.
We enjoyed a delicious tenderloin supper with a fresh spinach salad before setting out in the lovely sunshine for a hot tub soak to soothe our aching muscles. I read my library book while S you guessed it, watched hockey.











No comments:
Post a Comment