I had a restless night with a sore throat, coughing and headache. I was wide awake at 6:15 a.m. with no hope of sleeping, so I thought about the garden plan and made coffees at 7 a.m. when S woke up. We did our Spanish routine again. Then, I had S help me balance the credit card bill on accounting.
S and I went out to do the garden walkways, but be darned if it wasn’t super windy now. It was a huge challenge to get the cardboard down and stay down while S dumped the chips from the bucket. I raked in place, and we put the fence back up. We stopped at two sides because we were out of cardboard, and the weather was too challenging. We moved on to weed removal work. S ran the wagon of tree branches to the pit, and I hand-picked weeds and quack grass while he used the weeder tool once he was back. We headed inside after 11 a.m. to wrap up that task. S hit the big brown for a nap while I did some marketing.
I made us egg sandwiches for an early lunch. My headache hadn’t subsided after two rounds of pills, and now it felt achy and nauseous. I thought food might help, but no so I took a soak in a hot tub. S headed to town for day four of shiny after 12 p.m. After my soak, I crawled into bed and watched some Netflix, but my eyes couldn’t read. I even stopped it and had a brief nap, but then I got back to it.
S called and said he had forgotten the key to pick up Cooper. Soon after, he called and said he had just called 911 after seeing smoke at Grant’s. While on the call, minutes later, the flames were out of the roof. He picked up our produce box outside of town and could see the flames and smoke from there. I looked out and could see from our place. It was scary.
He then headed to the windup hockey coffee at McDonald’s before returning home by 5 p.m. As I unloaded the box, my headache began to subside. S threw his hockey gear into the garage washer to clean up for the summer break. While I changed Harley’s bedding and started laundry, he bathed her.
As we were eating supper, the wind changed direction and came from the north, bringing with it a haze of smoke and a pungent smell that permeated the house. I quickly closed the windows. While S watched the news about the new pope on W5, I sanded and applied another coat of natural stain to the drawer fronts. The dresser needed another coat of paint on one side and the top, and I wiped back the excess oil from the drawers. I also threw the garage rugs in the washer.
Britt was out at the usual time, and the wind had now disappeared. The evening was beautiful, so I took the dogs for a walk and then a bit more weeding back at the house. What a day of weather! I planted sweet peas and buried our used Kleenex bag in the garden. I bury this as brown matter to add to the soil, and it seems worms love it. As I came in, I had a notification for an Etsy sale for the vintage travel bar case. It seems I have no cardboard boxes left, LOL, so I’ll need to find one ASAP. I finally finished yesterday’s blog and published it. S continued watching hockey and practicing Spanish from big brown, and then I ventured to bed to read. Thankfully the headache is gone.





No comments:
Post a Comment