Friday, May 2, 2025

Summer has arrived

I woke up after 7 a.m. and soon, tiny steps echoed through the house. Cooper jumped up into bed, a bit surprised to find Lexi there. She sniffed him and then went back to napping. Eventually, I brewed coffee for us, and S fed the cats and Har.  We spent some time scrolling through our social media feeds and practicing some Spanish to start our super sunny day. They’re predicting 24 degrees today!



Shaina surprised Renn with her visit. Renn will be dropped off later today for the weekend while the city folks go to a concert and relax.


Shaina surprising Renn after she woke up

S headed over to Matt’s for another project he’s been assigned to at 10 a.m. While I worked on listing the nightstand for sale on all the sale sites. I then headed to the garage and continued sanding the drawer fronts and dresser top.


It was 24 degrees at noon. S returned for lunch at 12:30 p.m., and we enjoyed borscht, thanks, Ma K! I returned to the dresser, repairing and gluing the lifted veneer on one side. S took a short break before heading out to mow the lawn. I ventured out to clear the grass, including old bones and poop.


This is nap time at Renn's new school, you can see most are awake and moving around but one little guy is sleeping.



But not long and all are sleeping on their little mats



Lordy, it’s hot out there! I was working on pulling dead foliage when I got the call back for our internet. Yes, issues once again! They sent an invoice now charging for the “free” router. This took an hour of my time to go through different people, but the last one solved it no problem and got it fixed in about 10 minutes. I headed back out with a cold drink and stopped the mower.


3 amigos

He set off down the lane while I continued the front flower bed and ornamental grasses. When he was back a short time later, he jumped into the truck and ran for the mail as I had moved on to the lilac trees. Then, he decided he would run to town for more parts for Matt’s work at 3:30. I continued doing about 1/3 of the lilac row. In my next life, I will never plant those high-maintenance bushes that only bloom for a short time.

I was heated out, I fed the dogs and mixed up horse feed. After the three horses ate their tubs, I left Bird to eat hers in the house paddock and came in for an iced coffee. I then went back out to release her. It’s now 25 degrees outside, so I’m catching up on today’s blog while waiting for Renn and S to return with Chinese food.

S was back just before 5:30 p.m. We were just starting to eat when Renn and Nathan arrived about 10 minutes later. He set up Bird’s crib, shared some of his house repair issues, and then packed up Lexi to head back to the city. For the next couple of hours, Renn was on full steam ahead. She found the tall reeds made the perfect wands, put on her shoes multiple times to go find kitty, pulled out all her favourite toys, ate half a can of her favourite alphabet spaghetti with a side of strawberries and blackberries, had a bath, and chatted the whole time.



She's a winker


all clean and getting in a bit more farm play and snacks before bed

Sheldon had run to Matt’s again after supper with the new parts, only to find them wrong. When he returned and began loading up the skid steer, Renn and I watched his skills backing the trailer. Stories and songs filled the air, and she was off to bed before 8:30. She chatted a bit to herself before falling asleep shortly after. S and I started a new series, but Sheldon was asleep after 1, so I watched a cooking special.




No comments:

Post a Comment