It was nowhere drizzly foggy/smoky day at 7:30 when Cooper needed out and I fed the cats. It was just dreary when I woke for the day before 9. I made us coffees to enjoy in bed but it was not long as S had to get going to church, I began marketing my wares and publishing another tutorial, this one for the wooden stool. I have plenty more tutorials to share as I have many items to sell as well. I did have a low ball offer on the big black dresser I just posted yesterday and a lady wanting the headboard but you just never know on marketplace.
Britt and baby Emma's first birthday party and her mom Stephanie yesterday
After tidying the house for company tonight, I moved the tallboy dresser and headboard downstairs with S, who had returned from church with groceries and a chai tea. We had lunch with a bowl of soup thanks to Ma K and some leftover wings. Just as we were finishing, a couple arrived to purchase some bales at 1:30. Next, I tackled my tutorial work and a bit of blogging. It didn’t take long to load up two bales, and they were off, possibly coming tomorrow for two more.
While I vacuumed, S took the dogs for a walk. He then took the skid steer to the pit to continue contouring, as the ground had dried up a lot. I returned to working on tutorials and didn’t have to wait long before I saw him walk past the office window and return with the tractor. It seemed he had once again gotten the skid steer buried in the wet centre. I jumped in the tractor with him, and we went off.
First, I was the tractor driver, but had trouble with gears, so we swapped and I became the skid steer operator. We quickly got it out and headed back to the house to park the tractor and return to tutorial writing. The last few dresser tutorials are very detailed, with lots of pictures and links added in hopes of generating some passive income.
S returned soon, once again nauseous from the bouncy up and down pit work. He hit big brown and soon fell asleep. It was the perfect day to spend no time on the computer, as the wind had picked up and the weather was still cool and dreary. I was so busy working on tutorials that S’s nap time flew by, and it was already 6 p.m. Stouts were planning to come over at 7 p.m. We quickly got cooking and eating our delicious tenderloin supper. We even managed to get the dishes done and set out snacks by 7 p.m. Teamwork!
B returned from Fernie as we were eating, as the miserable wind now picked up quite a bit. She and Cooper then set off for home. When Stouts arrived after 7 p.m., the rain started. We had a great catchup, snacks, and played a game of hearts. They were off for home around 11:30 p.m. as it was raining again. There was only a 0.03/10ths chance of rain, but any bit helps. I brought in my tomato plants because the temperature had dropped to only +5 degrees Celsius, even though it felt colder.


No comments:
Post a Comment