Saturday, May 17, 2025

Ada turns 12

I woke up briefly at 5:50 a.m. and then again for the day before 7:30 a.m. There was rain on the vehicles outside, but not much in total. I was having a coffee and doing Spanish when Britt dropped Cooper off while she went to Steph’s for her little girls’ 1st birthday this weekend. I made a second cup of coffee, fed the dogs and cats, and started working on marketing. Today, I wanted to get ads put up for the black dresser in hopes of getting eyes on it, and find a buyer.


Nathan sent this adorable photo of our sweet Renny in the backyard


Baker in the making




1 year ago throw backs of this insanely cute kid

I then went to the workshop and tried to move the big dresser, but it was a challenge. It was balancing on four dollies under two loose boards. I decided to wait for help so that I wouldn’t topple it. I started clear coating the headboard, but it was a nightmare. This new paint lifts way too easily, so the clear coat project took so much longer. I had to touch up areas and switch to a brush from the applicator sponge. Ugh!

I thought I would go with black wax in the gold pulls, but it didn’t look lovely on the big ones. So, I wiped them with solvent and re-sprayed them outside. I just keep creating my own problems, haha!

I had a quick leftover lunch and did some kitchen chores, including plant care. A bag of bison burgers was picked up from a repeat customer. I thought about getting a hot tub, but after 1 p.m., the sun went away, and thunder rolled. There wasn’t any rain, though again. I then hauled the headboard in to take pictures, and sure enough, I had more touch-ups to do. I just can’t stop it, it seems, when you have OCD. Harley received her cartrophen shot.

After two the sun was back out, I headed outside to soak my aching back. A shower followed, and then I turned to online gift searching for Renny’s upcoming birthday. Meanwhile, S was texting as he picked up items at Costco in the Hat. I continued compiling ideas and placing orders for her artist gift, making a stop to feed the dogs. I decided to take them for a walk, as they both needed one. My back felt much better—was it the hot tub soak, Dr. Ho’s, muscle relaxers, a double paralyzer or a combination of all? Regardless, it felt  much better.



The weather was absolutely beautiful now. It was typical of May long weekend, offering every type of weather. It was a lovely walk, with a poop scoop before coming in. Craig is making smash burgers for Ada’s birthday party tonight, so I hope S gets her soon as I’m starving.



while researching what style I would call that dresser I found this on that sold on Etsy, it looks so similar and looks t the price it sold for

He pulled in at 6 p.m from his travelling wilbury tour. We quickly put away the perishable groceries and moved the jumbo dresser under the truck lift. Then, we jetted to town in the car for Ada’s 12th birthday celebration. Good burgers Craig!! It was a fun-filled visit that included a rousting game of Play Nine. We wrapped it up and headed home at midnight, letting the dogs out and then off to bed.


birthday girl <3









No comments:

Post a Comment