4 degrees upon waking — brrr! Fall is definitely in the air currently, although next week looks like it will be better. I made us coffees, including one for Shaina, as I got Thursday's family history blog published.
We jumped in the car and headed to town, stopping to grab Opa for lunch and eating it at Britt’s while I fed and scratched Gulliver. Then it was off to Calgary to visit Jarrod at Foothills. He is waiting to have a couple of new stents put in, hopefully today yet.
The sun was starting to peek through in spots, so we attempted to stop and fill the car with gas at Costco. It was $1.479 there compared to $1.699 elsewhere in the city, and diesel was $2.349! But the line was sooooo long that it was a hard pass.
I was dropped at the doors and got in the return line while S parked and joined me, holding our place as I ran and got us our favourite sundaes, did the returns and headed east.
Shaina and Shannon were just catching the horses to head out for a ride. S filled the car from our tank while I painted Shaina’s knife block with a second coat. Pizza was in the oven, and by now the sun was out in full force, making for a beautiful evening after a high of 12 today.
I fed Hank his supper while Mac was tied up. Once the girls were back from their speedy ride, they unpacked and took Mac inside to give her day two of her dewormer. They were then in for a visit and some pizza before Shannon set off for her parents after 8:30, and Shaina loaded Lexi up and headed home before 9.
S and I then watched Solo Mio, which was cute. We started a documentary called Before The Sun- about a Siksika girl competing in Indian relay races, but S fell asleep, waking occasionally to watch a few minutes before drifting off again.
I enjoyed it, especially seeing all our local scenery. It was a chilly start to the day, but thankfully the sun came out and gave us a beautiful evening to finish it off.

















I like the new green on the knife block. Lexi does really well. She was very quick at realizing they were on grass ;-) Very nice that Shaina give Lexi special alone time.
ReplyDeleteLexi does do very well and yes Shaina treats her like a princess xoxo
Delete