As forecast, another dreary day was ahead, and even S had a delayed 9 am start today. I did my usual Instagram peruse with a coffee after feeding the cats and letting Harley out around 7:30. Debby and I had a nice phone call catch-up before I moved on to watering all my indoor plants.
The dull weather had me back on the bed reading more of my book until I stopped to feed Harley, soak the beet pulp and get yesterday’s blog done around noon. I watched some Outer Banks on my iPad while eating leftover salad and chicken for lunch, then folded towels. Another load of laundry was remaking Brittany’s bed, so while I was down there I had the robot remap the basement and then max vacuum both hers and Shaina’s rooms. It is pretty nice having a little robot help with some of those jobs!
Papa was transferred back to Medicine Hat hospital. ;)
I moved on to channeling my inner grocery shelf stocker and redid the storage shelves in the furnace room. Nothing terribly exciting, but one of those jobs that feels really good once it is done. Everything had been getting a little too randomly shoved onto the shelves, so I pulled things out, reorganized and put it all back in a much more orderly fashion.
I was right in the middle of my pilates then weight workouts when Britt arrived at 3. She trimmed Bird’s feet and then had me catch Hank while she made food. Once the horses were eating, she and I, along with Harley and Hank, went and trimmed Hank’s feet. Bird was still eating when we finished, so I came in and she sat with her until she was done, then headed home.
Today I suggested she sit on the little stool which helped
Harley eagerly awaits any frog remnants
Not long after, the rain started, so it was good timing on her part — and also good timing that Bird had her rain sheet on. Only .04" came down, but over in AV, S was out cutting grain in the golden hour.
The robot was charged again so finished the basement with only the bathroom to go (and the chaotic furnace room)
I watched some more Outer Banks with a sandwich and yogurt bowl, then went outside in the mist and pulled a fresh onion from the garden before putting some soup bones in the slow cooker. I also finally finished my book. Not bad considering I only started it last night!
At 1:30 am I woke up remembering that I had forgotten to put some vinegar in the soup bones. So up I got, added it, and found the whole place engulfed in fog. It was the same at 3:30 when I checked it again, this time thinking I had somehow turned the slow cooker off by accident. Nope, it was still going.
A slow, dreary day turned out to be a pretty productive one after all — a little organizing, some laundry, horse feet trimmed, a book finished and soup bones simmering away. Not a bad way to spend a rainy September day.




No comments:
Post a Comment