Sunday, September 20, 2026

Another Harvest Week Begins & An Amazing Evening Ride

Good morning to another beautiful, sunny day with no winds in sight! Arising before 8, Sheldon started packing up his clothes, some beverages and food to take as I made coffees, with Chuck and Deb joining us for coffee and toast.

Sheldon was out the door at 9:30, heading to Acadia Valley and another week of harvesting.

As we were visiting, I saw a car driving into the yard and, thinking it was Brittany, I let Harley out, only to see the car turn around. Maybe it was a delivery of my coffee pods! The three of us headed to the gate along with Harley to see if the driver had left them there instead, but he had not. Hmmm who could it have been?

Back at the house, we enjoyed the morning visiting and catching up, with each of them having a shower and getting ready for their next adventure stop.

I grilled us some cheese sandwiches, paired with Shaina’s always-good with tomato soup, for lunch.

They packed up and headed off to their next stop at 2 o’clock, while I did a bit of tutorial sharing and blog catch-up after throwing some laundry in.

Shaina and Matt arrived, with Shaina feeling a bit under the weather after multiple days of company and evenings out. She rested on the couch while we had a visit before heading out to catch Mac and Hank.

They were both groomed, and seeing as it was such a beautiful 25 degrees out, Shaina decided to give Mac a rinse and scrub her mane and tail. Matt held onto Hank as I helped her with Mac, then I gave Hank a quick rinse too.



Britt arrived and caught Jimmy and trimmed his feet. She did Mac's fronts quick too.

I did a bit of gardening, picking some tomatoes and zucchini and sending them home with Shaina and Matt when they headed off after 5:30.

Once Brittany finished Jimmy’s feet, I changed into pants and she and I caught our riding horses and went for a lovely ride for over an hour.



As we rode through the winery, we saw a coyote off to our left, just staring at us. Then, as we turned around and headed up the tree line a couple of rows over, there was a moose!


moose right beside us who then ran south and around the trees


we wrapped around the trees on the other end 


seeing her at the end of the trees


and the coyote still standing in the trees just west of her!


It was like riding through the mountains. We looped down along our tree line to the south, out into the neighbour’s field and back around, putting on quite a few steps. It was such a beautiful evening to be out riding.


Once untacked, Brittany went to make up the horse food, and I walked Switch all the way around to bring the horses back around to the winter pasture gate, where Brittany fed them. I went in and made potstickers for us for a very late supper.

She then jetted off to town, and I finished the Outer Banks season/series and started the behind-the-scenes podcast.

A very full day, but a pretty amazing one — and ending it with a coyote, a moose and a beautiful ride was definitely a highlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment