Not sure how many times I can say what an amazing day lies ahead, but it looks very similar to the last week of sunny starts!
I had my coffees while doing the usual morning pet tasks before getting on the computer and working on Saturday’s bull riding blog. Be sure to go back and look at Saturday as I added a bunch of photos of Renn at Heritage Park Kaylin sent.
My focus for the day was to do some house cleaning, as there will be multiple people coming and going over next few weeks. I also chatted with Mom on the phone a few times, had a video call with Ma and Pa Kuhn, and a phone call with Candace. That was a great catch-up with everyone.
I ventured out to the garage around noon and emptied the stand-up freezer, setting it to defrost as we have half a beef, half a pig and perhaps some bison coming later in the fall.
While I was out, I pulled a bunch of flowers, moved the planters away from the front door and watered the ones still growing, as well as hand-watering the tomatoes and zucchinis.
The wind was back today, which was a bit disappointing, but the sun definitely outweighed that.
Back inside, the laundry continued and the robot got busy cleaning all the floors. Cleaning continued in the bathrooms while I chipped ice out of the melting freezer.
I fed Harley, then headed to town after 5 to meet Sharon for supper, as we were both starving after our busy days — hers included babysitting two grandchildren all day.
At the gate, I found my coffee pod order delivered by Purolator, so it definitely was not whoever drove into the yard on Sunday, which is still a mystery!
Sharon and I enjoyed a two-hour catch-up in the 27-degree sunshine on the Origin patio.
Before heading home, I stopped at Walmart to get groceries. I was very surprised to see an elderly gentleman being handcuffed and put in the back of a police car at Walmart, apparently for shoplifting.
On the way home, I stopped by the mail and found my voter package, and passed Brittany, obviously in the dark, as she made her way home from feeding the horses.
I unloaded my groceries and cleaned out the now ice-free freezer with soap and water, also wiping down the fridge door and some inside empty areas. I also pulled out all of Brittany’s feed storage tubs, swept up a dustpan full of gunk and tossed it out.
All this cleaning feels very satisfying!
Now to relax. After filling out my ballot, I settled in with a little Netflix but soon switched to reading my book to wrap up the day.


No comments:
Post a Comment