Another bright and sunny day ahead, the last one for over a week they say, so let’s make it a good one! Coffees were delivered and then Renn FaceTimed, making the day even brighter. Sheldon was chatting with his mom on the phone, and Papa may get to go home with his antibiotics in the next few days.
Harley’s food was delivered, with S putting it in the freezer as I backed out of the garage.
I was off to town after 10 for my facial, then dropped off library books and picked up Amanda for her birthday lunch. We enjoyed lunch and hard iced tea on the patio in the 25°C sunshine. A pretty perfect day for a birthday lunch!
After I dropped her home in the late afternoon, I stopped at Britt’s to put her frozen Fresh Prep in her deep freeze, then headed to the ranch. S had mowed the lawn and laneway, making everything look so lush and tidy after the rain, and he was putzing around in the shop.
I got to work chopping spent flower plants, picking a few more partially ripened tomatoes and pulling the last of the pea plants. I also cut some sunflowers for Hank and Roo.
The Paetz family arrived around 6:30 and it was full-on energy! I caught Hank for the kids to brush, and Aislyn walked him around while the other two had foot races across the grass. S and C unloaded the aerator machine and then got it going.
The golden hour was amazing as usual. Amanda picked some of the mushrooms while I dug her a hill of potatoes. A little fresh harvest from the ranch to take home.
They were heading home just after B arrived at 8 to feed her horses. The nights are sure getting shorter for this task!
Harley and I came in and prepped some tomatoes and got some things out for S to eat. He had cut up his ham and was freezing some bags too, after making a few more passes with the aerator as the darkness really set in.
The evening wrapped up with more Netflix.
I was up again at 2:30 when Harley startled and the coyotes started sounding off. She, however, stayed safely in the bedroom while I went out and checked around. Stella was on high alert, so I fed her some food. No J, so I hoped into the barn and tried to get back to sleep.
So much for that last peaceful sunny day — but we certainly made the most of it.









You hoped into the barn? lol Did the aerator do a good job (not the person, the machine?)
ReplyDelete