Same same here... coffee and Instagram after 7, but it was a cool one today at just 8°C and overcast, with rain in the forecast. Actually, rain is in the forecast for the next week! I finished up Wednesday's blog with a second cup of coffee before getting on with the day.
I enjoyed a phone call with Candace, who shared an update on Papa's surgery and the plans to get him back to the Hat hospital today. It was good to hear how things were progressing and hopefully getting him closer to home.
A shower and laundry were underway even though the skies were still overcast. By noon, the sun started burning through just as I sat down to eat my sandwich. The weather then settled into that cloudy-bit-of-sun-repeat pattern, so I decided it was a good day for a little retail therapy. First, I had to empty the Costco dry goods from my car. I was thinking we might try the 0% beer option. Review to follow :).
And by retail therapy, I mean the dollar stores and the thrift store! 😂
No luck finding any of the Peppa Pig family Renn needs for her collection. The stores were all packed but then I remembered it is long weekend.
First, though, I tossed the trash at the dump, then picked up a couple of groceries along with a new plant. This one is a wide-leaf schefflera, although my plant ID app insists it is the same plant as the one Britt gave me years ago. I'm not convinced the app is right, but I guess time will tell!
I also picked up a new library book and jetted back home as the skies were darkening in the west again, much like they had this morning. Once I got back to the ranch, though, it was actually pretty sunny. Harley and I took our usual walk to the gate and back, and then I finished my Home Front book out on the deck in the sunshine.
My tomatoes are finally ripening on the plants, which is great news because these cool mornings have me a little worried. I picked the ripest ones and brought them inside to finish ripening.
B was out around 8 and applied the cats' parasite medication to Stella while I held her, then she headed off to feed. I did Jenkin's medication myself and was back inside to finish yesterday's blog and get it published.
By 8:15, the sun was setting. Already! Those shorter September days are definitely making themselves known.
Unfortunately Papa did not get to go back to Medicine Hat hospital but perhaps tomorrow.
Now it's time to crawl into bed, start my new library book and read until the usual 10:30 lights-out. Another ordinary ranch day,—coffee, phone calls, errands, animals, tomatoes, books and whatever weather September decides to throw at us.









No comments:
Post a Comment