Saturday, September 26, 2026

A Calgary Day, Farmer Return & Dice Games

I had coffee on the go this morning while B was out feeding the horses after 9 and getting ready to head to Fernie for a visit with Stephanie. Safe travels, B!

After coffees and toast, the Schmitts and I loaded up and headed to Calgary at 10:30. I dropped them at Chinook Mall to visit a friend before making my way to my teeth cleaning. The Karma cleaning was awesome, with the bonus of teeth whitening—thanks to Lace, the gal Shaina house-sat for one summer in the Mission area.

I picked the Schmitts up afterward and we headed to the Boysis house, where more visiting and entertainment awaited. I had brought frozen pizzas along for lunch, and Renn was given an adorable handmade quilt from Auntie Debby, which was such a sweet gift. <3


Renn was just back from her first dance lesson this morning.





Uncle Chuck's alien potato head was a hit so she warmed up to him to create her own so they could be friends.

We picked up Shaina at her apartment on the way home with the rain coming down, although it stopped once we got outside the city.

Sheldon had been rained out the night before harvesting in Acadia Valley, so he packed up the trailer today and was back at the ranch by 2. He managed a nap and was cleaning out the fridge when we pulled in around 4. Time for a cold drink and a big visit to catch up on everything that had happened during the week. I made a pot of chili and let it simmer.


Shaina was gifted her hand crafted quilt; the largest Debby has done other than her own. So pretty <3

Shaina attempted to catch Mac, but Mac was being a little shit, so she finally gave up and came back inside. With the cool, blustery weather, I couldn’t really blame her! 


Rain sprinkled down during supper as we played dice and enjoyed a bowl of chili. Shaina headed off to her party in the VW, while the rest of us continued with another round of dice. The Schmitts are loving the new game we taught them!



Mom arrived before 8 and joined us for a visit, but by 8:30 everyone was ready to hit the sheets. S was asleep before his head even hit the pillow, while I read for another hour before calling it a night.

Shaina made it home around 12:30, but somehow managed to come in without anyone hearing her. Definitely a full day, but a good one filled with family, visiting, a little rain and plenty of laughs.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful quilts! Teaching a new game - always a plus!

    ReplyDelete