Monday, September 7, 2026

A Rainy Birthday for Cooper

Today would have been Cooper’s 9th birthday. :( It seems the ranch was sad too, with drizzly, cool weather. We had our coffees to warm up, then S hit his laptop catching up on his info.

I worked on yesterday’s blog, then did my weight workout.

The rain started to really come down as I dove into more ancestry updates. I continued my ancestry Ball work while S swapped between naps and football viewing. He has not watched sports or TV for a week so getting his fill on this rainy day. :)

A hot bowl of soup for lunch, then back to the computer for me and TV for S as the rain picked up again. I had a vest over my sweater but finally cratered and turned the furnace on.

S suggested a game of crib, so I took a break from my family tree, only to narrowly lose. Then it was supper prep time. I even braved the rain and went out to pull a fresh onion to go with the zucchini. S cleaned the potatoes and I prepped the buttered cabbage along with pork chops in mushroom sauce. A perfect harvest meal on this chilly day.

B was out to join us for supper, with the gate having its usual rain issues, but she got in. She then braved the rain and fed the horses as I got back to my ancestry and S washed the pots while football played out. The Stamps were ahead but ended up losing.

He then moved on to baseball, but by 8 we both called it a day and went to watch Lioness. This show is getting far too political and over the top at times for both of us. Rain totalled 3/4" today!

At 2 am I woke with a start, hearing what sounded like a baby crying. I followed the sound out onto the deck to find what looked like yet another cat standoff, with one scooting around the west deck. I went in to that side to check, but no luck. I opened the bedroom window to see with my phone light — still no luck — then went back outside with the phone light.

J was on guard and agitated, with Stella hissing under the chair. I calmed them both, gave them some food and crawled back into bed, hoping the infiltrator would head off.


No comments:

Post a Comment