Today was a cold, blustery day with a high of 14. I got up to let Harley out at 5 and the world was in a fog. Thankfully, that was gone by the time I got up at 8 and made my coffee with an Instagram peruse.
With my second cup, I got Saturday’s blog completed, then signed up for an Ancestry subscription to help me get into more of the details, thanks to Mom. This led me down so many rabbit holes today, but it was the perfect day to do so.
S had a big sleep-in day, not getting his coffee until nearly 10, when he perused his news. At 11, he braved the winds and went for a hot tub.
B was out quickly to feed, and we gave Mac her fourth dose of dewormer before she was off to work a week of evenings again.
Before lunch, S helped me haul out a dining table that a customer wants to see, then we settled in to watch the noon news while I wiped it up. Turns out they are out of town for a week, so I need not have pressured myself to get it ready quite so quickly.
After my bowl of soup, I was back at my desk while S enjoyed sports on the TV all day, relaxing his knee and catching some zzz's.
The sun broke through around 5 and slowly the wind disappeared, thank goodness. BBQ salmon with loads of veggies was enjoyed for supper as sports and the family tree carried on.
We both wrapped it up and headed to bed after 8 to carry on with The Better Sister and a yogurt bowl, of course.


Rabbit holes can consume a lot of time but very very rewarding when information starts to join other information and make sense
ReplyDeleteI am sure hoping all the time I put in is worth it to future generations as well as current.
Delete