I woke up at 7:40 with a headache and looked out to see Roo napping with her mask lying at the water hydrant. She doesn’t like this restrictive item, LOL. I made us coffees as B texted that she was on her way and buying us Starbucks for getting Cooper this week. She arrived with them (Thanks B), and Matt pulled in with two of his boys not long after. It seems they’re borrowing the dump trailer to move bales. B gave Roo her meds and checked her legs while S quickly got dressed and showed Matt trailer things and stuff in the shop.
Once he was ready to go, S and B headed east just after 9 to visit Grama and Papa in their new abode. They passed Matt on his way in now with the hitch in his truck to get the trailer. I got busy working on the behind blogs and organizing sales inquiries. I had arranged to pick up two dressers today, but I looked to see the hitch still in the truck, which negates the larger dresser. I’ll get the other in my car after measuring. It was so sunny and lovely, but there’s also a wind that can just blow away.
I loaded up a box of vases I’ve collected over time. I actually have another box of ones I want to keep, and there are two shelves in the laundry room, so I think I have a lot. I headed to town at 11 and stopped at the thrift store to look for treasures, as well as Minnie Mouse or Bluey clothes for little miss. Unfortunately, I didn’t find anything.
Next, I dropped off the vases, and the gal gave me some flowers in exchange. I dropped off the green floral box parcel at the post office, then off to get one of the dressers. I measured my car and realized it would fit perfectly. I ended up declining the larger dresser after looking closer at the photos. The gal helped me load this cute maple dresser, and I was off to Walmart to look for birthday gifts for master Archie. However, I was pretty overwhelmed as to what to get him so will request a list.
I checked at the dollar store too for craft supplies, but I decided it was time to get the flowers home. I grabbed a chicken wrap and iced coffee from Tim’s and headed back to the ranch.
Renn at her little buddies birthday party today
I cut the flowers and put them in a vase. Poor things had many broken flower heads, so I cut them and put them floating in a dish. I then ate my lunch before doing some marketing.
The wind still hasn’t let up, but I decided the dogs needed a walk. We did a half perimeter loop, checking the horse trough in the mid paddocks. Back at the house, I did a bit more marketing before going to lay on our bed in the sunshine to do Spanish. My headache hasn’t dissipated yet, but this felt good to chill. Cooper of course joined me.
Sheldon and Brit returned from their Medicine Hat trek at 6:30. S hit big brown to get the hockey game rolling. They shared some stories from their trip, and then B headed off to do horse care and feeding. She and Cooper headed home around 7:30 as I put a pizza in the oven.
I worked on today's blog after finally catching up and publishing last two days. Sheldon had some photos he sent that I added to last 2 blog posts so have a check back to see. When the hockey game ended we went out for a hot tub soak. Even with the wind it was a lovely golden evening. Then it was into bed as almost 10 where I watched a Tiny House show and S perused X.





No comments:
Post a Comment