Thursday, May 15, 2025

Bit more rain

Another early wake-up call at 6 am, with S bumbling around. As a light sleeper, I was naturally awake. I browsed Instagram, then made a cup of coffee before 7 while S perused his phone in bed. When he got up to make coffee, there was a loud crash, and an entire coffee cup went flying across the floor, requiring a big cleanup. Not that lucky the last few mornings.

I moved on to marketing with a second cup of coffee then headed out to work on the jumbo dresser. I sanded the top, and S, who was now up, helped me flip it on its back. I sanded the lower edges and put on a missing glide. I then painted the lower edge a coat of primer. S went out and hooked up Uncle Jerry’s trailer to deliver it to him tomorrow. The car was backed out, and the floor was swept. Finally, I put up the spray tent. It was a challenge as a one-woman project, but I managed to do it!



S found me a couple of wide boards and helped me tip the dresser back up and place it on them with the dollies under. Then, we rolled it into the tent. I sprayed the dresser with a coat of primer and cleaned up the sprayer. The primer needs to dry for 24 hours. Next, I planned to spray the headboard, but I’m going to try the new black paint instead. I also took the dresser hardware outside and coated it in gold.




Sheldon headed inside at 11:30, throwing bacon in the oven for lunch. He hit big brown. I finished up the first coat on the headboard and came in to eat a BST. He had a nap, so I was back out brushing on a second coat. Britt and Cooper were out in that time, and she went for a ride in the sunshine. I heard noise and looked out at 2 to see her coming back from her ride as the rain started. Dang, I still had my hardware outside, so I scrambled to get it in.

I jumped in the shower while S lounged on the bed, working on his laptop. B brought Cooper inside and left for errands after two. The rain wasn’t much, but it was crazy to see I rain on a sunny day. I caught up on my blog after ordering makeup online and then went back to touch up the headboard. I’m not a fan of this new paint line for a full coverage look I wanted, but at least I know now.

Back inside, I uploaded photos and published yesterday’s blog. After S finished, we had a Zoom call and headed to town to run a few errands, including dropping off two bags of used pods at the post office. Can you believe they’re talking about striking again? We dropped off library books, picked up groceries and gifts, and then jetted back home.

I fed the dogs and got supper on the go. B returned around 7 to feed and pick up Cooper. It was good timing because it started raining again before 8 for another bit. S of course was hooked on hockey, so I went to bed to work on my blog, do some Spanish, and watch some Netflix.


another one of Shaina's view

No comments:

Post a Comment