Guess who woke up with a sore throat in the night? Thanks Sheldon! Lucky me, I found a cough drop and tried to fall back asleep. Harley decided to go out for a bit at 4:30 a.m., which I guess worked since I was awake. We were up at the usual 7:45 a.m., needing two coffees today to help soothe my throat and S just because. We did our Spanish and social studies before starting the day.
I finished the lengthy art deco custom cabinet tutorial and then had to post on all the places and share with the paint company. S had changed the hot tub filters after unloading the skid steer. He then hauled out the pressure washer and dusted off his trucks. He was in at 11:30 a.m. to hit Big Brown for a rest. Nathan text Kaylin was not doing well after taking a new med this am. It was causing vomiting, feeling faint, hyperventilating and her hands and fingers feeing tingly and tensing up. He is keeping a close eye on her.
EMS was called, and they arrived to take her vitals and access her. They decided to take her to Rocky View Hospital,. It seems Calgary currently has 6-10 hour wait times for doctors and ER rooms. I’m glad EMS went to her and chose to take her in.
In between texts and waiting to see if EMS would come or if they needed me to come in to watch Renn, I planted 10 dahlia plants in my pots. It’s a lovely sunny 14 degrees outside, and I’m throwing caution to the wind, but our season is too short not to. I also dug a pot of dandelions around my tulips that are to bloom soon. I came back in and worked on more tutorials while getting the text updates.
S was home at 4:30 having picked up Cooper after hockey too. We got supper on the go as eating early. Amanda dropped Archer off soon after with his hockey equipment. I gave Aislyn her belated birthday gift and Amanda kindly gave me one too. XOXO
We ate our burgers and corn on the cob then the fellows set off to the arena at 5:15 for Archie's practice. Amanda is a single parent this week and juggling kids in sports. She was on her way to Okotoks for Asher's 6-8 billion weekly practice. Then there are weekend tournaments too. Last weekend all 3 were on the go. Good this miss Aislyn is just #1 spectator with her Mom.
I worked on yesterday's blog then while the videos were converting and loading I took the dogs for a walk. The evening was amazing out with 15 degree sun and hardly any wind. This was the first time I noticed mosquitoes and many of them hovering above my head on the road. It turns out they are male mosquitoes who don't bite but still annoying. Once back at the house I trimmed more off the pear tree now that the blooms show a few more dead branches. This led to digging anther tub of dandelions and quack grass.
B was out at her usual time after 7 p.m. as I was engrossed digging in the golden sunlight. As she went out to feed, I returned to finish writing and publishing the blog. S returned from Archie’s practice at 7:45 p.m. and dropped him off seeing Ada was home. Ada was feeling unwell and skipped her ball game in the city tonight, and it seemed like this cold virus was spreading rapidly.
While I finished writing the blog, S was watching TV hockey. I booked us flights to Ottawa in June. AS I looked in my purse for my credit card I found the cutest birthday card. Thank you Kaylin, Nathan, and Renny XOXO
Kaylin was being kept overnight to monitor her since she was still lightheaded and had very low blood pressure. They were also giving her more fluids. However, it seemed that the excess patients were given a bright hallway room to stay in for the night. Shanice had gone to help Nathan with Renn and was planning to drop off a bag with an eye mask to help with the bright lights. We finished watching the Four Seasons series and ended the day with a yogurt bowl. During the show, a coyote made some awful noises, prompting S to shoot a shot to scare him off.









No comments:
Post a Comment