Thursday, May 16, 2013

750 - bright manicure day

Day 750 both Britt and I were up and off early, her to school and me to make food for the skinnies and check others for lice. Poor Scooter had tons on her so I took tape samples. Then I headed to town buying teas and coffees for the girls at work.

 I took a quick break to go to Britt's cosmetology class where she performed a gel manicure on me :-) It was very bright and pretty.


A quick stop at the vets to drop off the tape with samples, grab 9 expensive ivermectin wormers (usually I go USA version at fraction of the cost) then back to work. I finished up at lunch, ran to fill my car with gas as every station raised prices to $125.9!! and they were still $115.9 (and to think that is a deal!!) I grabbed groceries and then to UFA for lice powder however on the way home the other vet, a senior vet who used to be partners at Moore and Co said not to use the powder as it did not contain the right chemical. (chloridone or something is needed maybe rotenone as Dri-Kil was his choice but no longer sold) His suggestion was to give the wormer today and then in 2 days put cylence on them then repeat if needed in couple weeks but really should be systemic.
I stopped at the ladies with the large mirror, helped her load it in her truck and she drove it out to the ranch. cripes it is a big one. At the ranch Shaina was just coming in from riding KD. She helped me worm 7/9 horses leaving 2 of Britt's for when she got home as they were uncooperative for us. She painted her toes while I threw in some laundry.
She headed to town to go to gym as Britt arrived home from school. Britt caught her ponies, I gave them wormer and she groomed Beck who needed TLC. She tried to roach the mane but the darn clippers were having an issue after I cleaned them. Finally after trying a few times to repair with no success it was onto the internet and passed off to Sheldon when he got home from work.
Britt's twins


Steak supper, mashed potatoes and steamed veggies were enjoyed by Sheldon Shaina and I, poor Britt grabbed a quick snack and was off to slow pitch at 6. Shaina showered up and was off to wing night by 8. A few sprinkles of rain started around 9.. come on rain we need you! As supper was cooking I looked out to see Mitzy and Jenkins tailing something, at first glance I thought Coco then ran back, her it was a muskrat. I ran out following them to snap some photos. I did call Sheldon to bring the gun in case it was a Saskatchewan rat. He came on the quad but we let the little guy continue on his merry way to some water.
We watched to see Idol winner then it was to hockey. I updated the blog and washed and bleached more feed tubs. I also  spent an hour updating my horse records before heading to bed at 11 to read.
 the kittens are growing just tonight I notice a couple trying to walk.. so cute
 here are my gel nails after an entire day of scrubbing and washing like a surgeon

Britt arrived home at 9:30 cold and wet and hit the shower! Of course Sheldon fell asleep on the couch watching hockey! :-) Shaina will be late I am guessing.



No comments:

Post a Comment