Tuesday, May 7, 2013

741 - windy day ;-(

Day 740 has record highs and beautiful, this day is sunny but has wind with warnings even! yuck.. wind sucks even if sunny. The crew was at work before 7 again, Sheldon was back to work and Britt off to school. I was up chatting with Deb who was checking to see if Shaina was home safe and sound and to let me know she has booked Steph a flight up to stay with us for a bit in June! Finally she will get to go to a bar now that Shaina is home and both are 18!
Kaylin and Lexi were up by 9 and she cooked herself some toast and eggs and headed for the city at 10:30. I enjoyed half an hour with tech support for me new computer..grrr Shaina suffered jet lag and slept till after one.
The wind died down a bit by one but still was present. They delivered the trusses just after one, seems a well oiled build so far. Love to see daily progress.

Shaina and I headed to town just before 2. I dropped her off for her 2pm massage while I ventured to my 2:30 acupuncture. Today I had ankle, lungs, knee and stomach show up. I had a huge release of blood once the needle for the knee meridian was removed. She says this could have aggravated the back to but my knee felt better after.. weird This time I let with 3 permanents. Prior to my appointment I picked up books, baileys, beer and fuel.Shaina treated us to a tims as well as one for Gail which we dropped off on way to the ranch.
Britt was home just after us, it was time to roach some manes. Julio, Bird, Scooter and KD were todays contestants. All stood well for Shaina and looked much better when finished. We then enjoyed a conditioning ride, I ponied Scooter while riding Ju. I brought the 2 older ones in before the girls hosing and feeding them and letting them graze. By now the wind finally settled thanks goodness. The girls practiced in the smaller fields.

Shaina demonstrated that Bird could use her speed and get flat but before she hit flat she lost her footing and skidded about 40 feet on her side losing Shaina part way. I caught her at the waterer and took her back to the girls. Shaina jumped back on and practice continued :-)






below is the skid spacing, Britt marks where they went down and Shaina marks where Bird got up

Sheldon was home during this and enjoyed the sunshine on the deck until we all came in. I did notice that the shop crew snapped the tall leaders off two of our big trees, geez the trees on this lot take a kicking!! I believe when hoisting the trusses around in the picture above.

Shaina had requested goulash for supper so that was what I served, just before 8, late of course after the long horse riding. After supper Shaina ran to town to visit Shannon returning home at 10. Britt put the two grazers back in the pen then did a load of laundry. Sheldon spent the evening watching hockey and on his tablet.

No comments:

Post a Comment