Friday, May 3, 2013

737 - kitties arrive at the ranch

Day 737 was an early start for the workers. They were here and working by 7:30 am. I let Diego out to greet them and saw that it had indeed rained in the night, not much but at least rain and not snow. I crawled back in bed as Britt left for school driving herself for the 4th time this week and slept till 9:30. The party boy slept later, it seems he cannot handle getting home at 1:30 via cab and up early. The day was sunny but sadly the wind returned.
 By 9:30 this was shop progress, they continued to brace them
 for the cement truck which arrived at 1:30, this view from NE corner

 this is the west door frame
view from the SW corner

I spent time in the garage working on projects mixing paint and painting. Sheldon helped me move the buffet in and the one dresser out before he went out to fill another sink hole near the waterer. We both stopped for lunch before he headed out to scoop a horse pen with the skid steer.

I sanded the top of the buffet which did not fair well outside during the smoke smell removal process, note to self.. coffee grinds instead. Today I tried adding floetrol to the paint to get less marks but think it was not really a huge difference. While coats dried I made food for horses and pitched hay.

He needed a snack and nap around 4 when Britt got home from school. She rode Bird in the sunshine.

I made a healthy stir fry with the wads of veggies we had in the fridge an leftover chicken and rice. It was so very good. While I made supper Sheldon awoke from his nap and started to iron his HUGE stack of dress shirts. At least this part of the job gets his nice shirts some use.

After supper at about 7 Britt saw Mitzy on the barbecue deck in labor. We quickly got a box set up and put her in the garage where over the next hour plus she had 4 kittens.
 she had 3 in fairly quick succession and we thought that was the litter
 but as Britt went in to clean bathrooms she decided to produce this little one
 so I snapped birth photos of each the above being #4
 #1
 #2
 #3
I put a 2nd coat of black trim on the dresser while Sheldon glued down the dam lifted floorboard we have waited forever to have repaired. Britt finished cleaning bathrooms before she was off to a party to be DD (for a fee it seems)
custom piece I am working on, it is for little boys room
Sheldon watched hockey while I updated the blog and checked on mama cat ever so often.

No comments:

Post a Comment