Monday, June 2, 2025

Skid steer scrub a thon

Early this morning at 7 a.m., I woke up to no wind, which I was grateful for. I brewed a cup of coffee and did some Spanish, S was up making his coffee and doing his lessons a bit later. I then moved on to marketing and discovered that the new email company might have resolved my issues. I’m hoping so, as I’ve noticed people continuing to resubscribe slowly.

I went to give Roo her medication and took off Switch’s soaked boots, cleaning out her feet. I left the boots off to dry. S was on the phone first with his mom for a while, then with Randy for a very long time. We had tried to find time to camp with them, but it seems like not this year. How can two semi-retired couples have so many plans? :)

I had brought Renn’s ruler in from drying overnight and set it up for a photo. As I was back at the computer, sorting through the new subscriber stuff, we heard a crash. To our surprise, it slipped and hit Harley’s bed, launching over, landed on solid edge of the quilt rack, then knocking a large chunk out of the drywall! What on earth happened? Now I have to band out the ding, re-stain the area, and let it dry.

I ventured out to work, staining the single chair with a first coat and then applying a second coat to the captain’s chair. While I was staining, S went outside after his morning chats. We both returned inside for lunch at 12 p.m.


huge difference gel stain makes over the orange wood tone

After lunch, I went outside and put Switch’s boots back on with ACV-soaked rolls. I also clear-coated the ruler again to cover some light dings. This poor ruler!

I published my long MCM dresser tutorial and was getting it uploaded to product companies, paint pages, and spreadsheets. Then, it was my turn to chat on the phone. Candace and I had an hour-long catch-up. While chatting, I dusted which made light of this task for sure. S headed back outside halfway through our call after his couch rest after lunch.


Look at this giant pile of baby sunflower plants, I dug to give to Nate to plant

After our call, I went out to check on the boss. He was under the skid steer, digging through dirt, looking for a socket wrench head. I shared some information with him, then tossed Roo some hay and hand-weeded my garden. I also hand-watered the plants.


I must have humbled him when I said his skid steer was so dirty and deserved a bath now and then. As I was watering, he drove it over and set up the pressure washer. For the next couple of hours, he gave it a deep clean, even finding the socket wrench in the depths of the dirt.


I brought int he finished captains chair and put felt pads on it to join the others

I next did accounting and balancing accounts and such. After about three hours of cleaning, S was still going. I fetched him glass cleaner and got busy picking more weeds. I also put the deck tank on the peonies with his help for half an hour. Then, I prepped supper.

S wrapped it up by putting away the shiny skid steer and coming on for supper. He BBQ’d sausage while I made the Mac & cheese, corn on cob, and kale salad. It was a filling and tasty meal indeed. B was out riding Roo and feeding horses as we ate late today. 


S submitted these after photos, but her really should have taken before to show all the work he did to get it this shiny.

We finished the Sirens series then I read and S off to sleep.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent power wash job. Skid steer looks brand new. I'm sure the posies ejoyed the attention of the water hose as well. All is working on this site for me now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear everything is working, yes his cleaning efforts paid off

      Delete