Wednesday, June 25, 2025

Baseball bound

I darted out to give Roo her medication and make a hay bag. Then, I posted the new tutorial on the link-up sites and uploaded photos to my Tuesday blog post before posting. I’m only a week behind on the blog! B was out with Cooper to drop him off after 9:30 as S scrubbed up pots and headed to the city for an appointment.

I got dressed and headed to town after 10 for my annual hair highlight appointment. I’ve switched to a new stylist because my old one moved on to selling insurance. The salon is also in a new space, so there’s plenty to chat about during the next 2 1/2 hours.

Once I finished up, I rushed to Walmart to pick up Tiger Balm for Sheldon. He’s recently discovered it as his new favourite pain reliever. I also grabbed some soda and an Opa. I filled my growler with ice tea at Origin’s before heading to the ranch. S had bathed Harley all clean and was working on his Spanish lesson.

I worked on blog posts while S napped in big brown. Once he woke we took the dogs for a walk around 3 now the sun is out. Back at the house he went to finish his library book and I created a Hometalk post for the blue green gold jewelry box.

I went out to water my planters when I heard thunder in the distance. It looked very dark in Calgary, but S assured me it was heading northeast, as we had planned to watch Asher’s ball game in Okotoks. Nathan and Kaylin confirmed it was sounding stormy in Calgary. We packed up and headed out at 4:45 p.m. to Okotoks, as B arrived hoping to beat the rain to feed.


A few minutes later, we hit a wall of rain that headed straight for the ranch. B was now trapped in the barn as the rain poured down, followed by hail. We had intermittent rain, sun drizzles, and other weather conditions on our way to Okotoks. We arrived at 5:30 p.m. and the game didn’t start until 7 p.m., so we decided to go to a restaurant instead of our original fast food plan. I had a tasty tuna crunch salad, and S had a delicious Szechwan noodle bowl.

Now, let’s find the ball diamond. We initially sat at the wrong one for a while until we found the right one, where Craig was. Amanda and the two little ones joined us to watch the game. As I had expected, it did rain a bit during the game, but not too much. Asher’s team won with the mercy rule used after five innings.


Asher at bat



We drove to their campsite for a short visit before leaving when the rain returned. On our way home, we stopped at a DQ for a treat on the go. We arrived back at the ranch by 10:30 p.m. to find that we had received 10 millilitres of rain while we were gone. I suppose that’s perfect, even though I did water my pots, and the garden got it too. Now, it’s time for me to read and peruse his phone for S. Another usual bedtime routine.


double rainbow


2 comments:

  1. Rain, rainbows an a ballgame all rolled into one. Great day!

    ReplyDelete