Thursday, June 5, 2025

Dining chairs complete

It’s always nice to wake up to sunshine and no wind after a storm in the night. I woke up at 7:45 to check on Roo and the other horses and cats after the blustery storm. They were all good. I made my coffee and did some Spanish before heading out to give Roo meds and feed the cats and Harley.

I published the birthday blog! Then quickly did some marketing in hopes of generating some passive income, and I created a few posts for the coffee table and headboard that need homes. It seems sales go in waves, so I’m hoping one comes soon. I then ventured out to water my seedlings and pots before getting busy in the garage, finishing the chairs with a second gel stain coat.

As I headed to town, I put the sprinkler on the peonies and garden, and tossed hay to Roo. In accordance with my “make a square” rule when running errands, I started by picking up a part of the mower at Napa for Sheldon. He can mow the crazy-looking grass when he gets home. Most of the grass is burning, but the crazy quack grass is growing in wild tall patches in many places. I grabbed some coolers and beer, then dropped off two more bags of spent coffee pods at the post office before picking up some library books.

Next, I picked up Cooper and grabbed my Opa on the way back to the ranch. I made an iced coffee and ate at the computer while working on blogs and back to the business loan account details. The 24-degree sunshine called me, so I went outside. Roo was let out for her half-hour in with the other horses. The dogs and I took a long walk around the parched winter pasture. Most of the hay is burning up, and if the 30-degree days in the future are true, it’s going to get worse.

Back at the house, I turned on the water for the peonies and garden and attempted to get a sprinkler to work on the raised bed, but I had little luck. I then hauled the puppy pool down, filled it, and after a 20-minute catch-a-thon of Roo to put her back in her barren paddock, I found Cooper lying in the pool, cooling off. Harley chose to just lay on the deck panting.


Home from school and back to painting XOXO

Inside, I hauled the chairs in, placed felt pads on their feet, and set them at the table. Mission accomplished! 

Now, it was time to finish the second book after taking out tenderloin to cook when S gets home. He had fixed Mom’s dining room dimmer this morning while he was staying there last night. He also went to the Valley to mow grass and meet a fellow to get a quote for fixing the fence after supper. However he decided to cancel this fellow and do the fencing himself today. He texted me that he was finished up fencing and on his way home after 5.


S's supervisor as he fenced

I finished up the book at 6:30 and caught up days blog after a quick tidy. S rolled in at 7:30 and we got supper underway ASAP. BBQ tenderloin with assorted veggies and salad was so tasty. B arrived late after having an hour nap after work as we were having our late supper.

Once she finished up her feeding and doing Beibs feet she and Cooper headed home. S and I went for a nice hot tub soak then hit the sheets to read for me and sleep for he.

1 comment: