Tuesday, June 3, 2025

Double birthday day

Rats! I woke up with a headache on this special double birthday day. I brewed our coffee and had it in bed while FaceTiming the littlest birthday girl, who is two today! She’s been up since 6:45, having Minnie Mouse pancakes and enjoying all sorts of decorations and presents. Shaina FaceTimed back after her breakfast, which I don’t think was the same. We have two special girls on this special day, along with Sharon, so we’re celebrating three special girls today.


It also seems S and I are in the same Spanish league this week so there is a bit of a battle on. I did a few lessons to pass him :)

S ran over to fix another of Matt’s problem, which turned out to be he ran out of fuel and burned off the battery terminals overturning the ignition. Wow, some real farming equipment lessons seem to be taking place for Matt. I jumped in the shower to help with my headache, then got on to marketing and shared the ruler and easel on my Creative Moments page. S was back in time for another guy to come for wood. My headache got worse and turned to nausea, so I changed out of any tight-fitting clothes and took some gravol seeing that the Naproxen I took with my coffee didn’t work, I decided to try something else.

I kept plugging away at packing up gifts, a cooler for Costco, and Nathan’s sausage birthday gifts. After making a few more trips to Matt’s to educate him about diesel motors and fuel shortages, S found screws for the ruler and cleaned out the backseat of the truck. 

At 11:30, a brief rain squall rolled in as I was about to load the gifts in the truck and S take Harley for a quick walk. Instead tS ate a plate full of food while I tried to rest, and we headed off after 12. To my surprise, Kaylin also had a headache and severe nausea today. Thankfully, we both got rid of it later in the day.

Costco was busy as usual, but thankfully not as crowded as on the weekends. We managed to get our few items and filled a list for Kaylin’s party food. Next, we picked up hot tub supplies and headed to see the birthday girl arriving just before 3 after her nap. For the next 4+ hours, she entertained us with her antics. The paint and easel were a hit, and she wanted everyone to help her paint and create.















She opened Great Grama and Papa's gift and tried on the new jacket and hat


Next she wanted to wear the new short outfit we gave her over her leggings



While she entertained us, Nathan made chocolate cupcakes and iced them up






Finally she got to taste test one of the freshly baked chocolate muffins her Dada made



When I first showed her Shaina's video she sent me she was so excited saying Auntie Auntie, I did a do over with Sheldon taping and she was still very excited to see her celebrating her Bday too



look at this little soccer player



I tried to capture measuring a little one on a ruler for my page but she was not really having it :)

We had pizza and kale salad for supper while the birthday girl enjoyed her favourite Alphaghetti, blueberries, grapes, and babybel cheese. Thanks guys! We bid farewell and headed on a route to pick up  a castle. Kaylin found one listed on Marketplace and was convinced it was a sign Nana’s house needed a castle. S and I loaded it up, strapped it down, and headed home. We arrived at the gate just before 9 as B was pulling out. She had kindly checked Switch’s feet, J’s head, which needs a sock or cone to stop scratching, and fed Harley. Thanks B.

We drove through rain at Langdon on the way home, but unfortunately, there was nothing here. We did, however, rush to get the Costco goodies in and the castle to the basement to assemble later. It’s been a long day, so it’s time to head to bed and read my book. S perused his phone before falling asleep. It was a great day for birthday celebrations. <3 <3 <3

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing all the videos and photos. Makes me feel a part of the festivities. Looked like a wonderful day celebrating three wonderful girls. It was also Linda and Melvin Bingeman and Cynti and Bill Kolkman's anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is always so much fun to see a little one's excitement on their big day!

      Delete
    2. It is always so much fun to see a little one's excitement on their big day!

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing this birthday day with us,we feel like we were there! Happy Birthday to 3 special young ladies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy to capture the fun and festivities for you all to enjoy!

      Delete