Today is a big day celebrating 35 years of marriage. It’s hard to believe that much time has passed, but there are so many memories to fill those years. I woke up early with the dog pack, taking them out to their business. I served S his coffee in bed and then went back out to open and close the doors for the pups on the deck after giving Roo her medication/hay and feeding Har. S had a second cup of coffee with his breakfast as I packed water bottles and some pistachios and apples for the ride.
I managed to catch two of the horses and had them loaded. Sheldon helped corner Beibs, then caught Roo as I loaded. Harley was then loaded, and we were off to Moore's at 9:45 a.m. We arrived to have a a bit of a wait, but soon we had the four horses in. Switch was first up to be sedated and her hocks injected. Beibs was next to get his stifles. Roo was accessed, and her new meds were discussed. She seemed to be doing very well. Bird was last up, and her reassessment revealed that her back left stifle was sore. She too had blood pulled and irap done on it, but this required sedation that had a negative effect. This put us behind schedule, as I had offered to watch Renn at 2 p.m.
Kaylin, Nate, and Renny visited the Tyrel Museum and toured the dinosaur statues before arriving here around noon.
Bird was finally loaded, and we were on our way at 1:45 p.m. We arrived home before 3 p.m. We let the horses out with Renn and Kaylin popping out to meet us as Nathan was napping. S was starving from missing lunch, so I cooked up a hot dog piled with chilli that Kaylin had brought from Ma K. We had a fun play visit until Nate woke up. They loaded up and headed home after 4 p.m.
Mom arrived shortly after they left, having stopped to visit Paetz’s quick before arriving. We had a visit seeing S ate not long ago. We then loaded up and headed to town before 6 p.m., heading for the Greek restaurant. To our disappointment, it was closed on Mondays. Our next destination was Original Joe’s, where we found a warm patio. Despite the busy atmosphere, with only two staff members, the service was slow. But at least it was nice out. Thanks for supper, Mom!
We then drove to Britt’s to pick up copper, who had a condo meeting and only just got home late from work. Back at the ranch, I took the dogs for a walk in the beautiful golden hour while Mom checked out my plants and S inside.
Britt joined us after she was out and fed after 9 p.m. She then went home with her sidekick Cooper after 10 p.m. We all went to bed, where I read for a while before lights out. It was a pleasant anniversary day!
























I enjjoyed spending time with you both on your anniversary. Thanks for taking me to Calgary Tuesday and back. Very slow changes in my hands but they said be patient.
ReplyDeleteYour welcome, I hope your hands improve some soon
Delete