I got busy trying to catch up on the last three days of blog posts I’m behind. Mom was up, so I made us coffees and continued working while S was up for his coffee too. They visited while I worked on my Saturday blog, tended to Roo and Harley’s breakfast, and S served oatmeal to Mom and himself. I jumped in the shower and then checked us in to our flight tomorrow morning.
Mom and I loaded up and headed to the city before 10:30 AM and arrived at her appointment destination in less than an hour. I dropped her off and went around the other side of the building to spend some time at Winners, finding a few things. I also quickly stopped at Walmart when Mom texted that she was done just after 12:30 PM, having done her testing and given cortisone shots in each hand.
We then ate at an Italian market next door, where you can buy all sorts of things and combine them for lunch. We enjoyed it in the sunny patio. I stopped quickly to try on a dress at Le Chateau, which I thought was no longer in business. Unfortunately, there was no luck, so we decided to head to the ranch instead.
We arrived back here just after 2:30 p.m. Sheldon had watered the plant pots, mowed the quack grass areas in the lawn, and gone to town. He returned about 15 minutes after we got back, along with Cooper, and had new shoes. We spent a bit more time visiting Mom before she headed to Aj’s to grab a few things, visit Peggy (the woman who helped with Dad), and then headed home.
I packed a few more things in my suitcase before I set off for town to get my Valentine’s gift mani-pedi. Sheldon was booking the car into Mercedes for its stay while we were gone away and walked the dogs. After my nail update, it started to rain as I went to my car with a stiff wind. Earlier, hail had hit the area where B work's, and there had been a lot of rain at Kaylin’s. I did a quick stop at Shoppers, but it started to rain again.
It rained heavily most of the way home, letting up only at Gelenmore. S said there was a bit of rain at the ranch. He went to take Switch’s wraps off her hocks because B was worried they would get wet and wick in moisture and dirt. He also had a potato pack ready and steaks seasoned. Since the skies were dark, S started the BBQ and got things going. B asked me to check Switch, and I found that the hocks were dry. Getting wet can cause dirt to move to the injection site and cause infection, but all were dry. The hockey game started, so S was no longer available to help with tasks. We were eating when Britt arrived after 7 p.m. She wanted help catching Beibs, so I washed the dog dishes while she made food. Then, we went out to the horses.
As B was administering bute to Bird, she backed into the railing with the hot wire and shot forward, as if born to be a race hose. This made her gun shy to return, and the other two went racing off with her. Food lured them back, and I gave Switch her bute. When we caught Beibs, B was shocked to see his sheath swollen, an allergic reaction to the surgical soap.
He was given his meds and taken to cold hose for 10 minutes. I also grabbed a thermometer and a clean towel to dry him off afterward. His temperature was normal. I tied him to the hitching post, and B went to convince Bird to eat her food. While keeping Switch back, she noticed the large lump on her neck again. This was a result of her sedation, so I marked her file to prevent us from marking that vein. I caught her, and B washed her with a solution. Then, I held the two on their leads to graze while she tried unsuccessfully to get Bird to eat. We are lucky to have Dr B on site!
A sprinkle of rain started, so we went inside where B had the leftover supper we saved for her. I was watering my indoor plants and chatting about things to do while we were gone. She and Cooper then set off for home, stressed from a day at work and these horse issues. Poor girl, she needs a vacation, I think. After she left, the rain started to pour, doubling the day’s rainfall to 2-10ths.
I finished packing my suitcase and helped S with his, then got to work on the blogs I’m so far behind on. I finished Father’s Day blog post as Florida won the Stanley Cup. I worked on today’s blog in bed on my iPad while S watched the after-sports program.




I swear those horses plan to have issues to keep Britt on her toes!
ReplyDeleteYou very much could be right, buggers :)
Delete