Ugh, the super annoying magpies were again before 5 am! Then, there were other noises on the deck, hopefully cats. When S popped out of bed at 8, he exclaimed, “Oh no!” Looking out, we saw that Roo’s pen had a snapped rail, and she wasn’t visible. Harley and I hurried out to find her still in the pen, but she had ripped her fly sheet on both sides of her necks, scratching on the super sharp ends. She got her meds and hay early, as did Harley.
Now, we’re making our coffees and relaxing in bed, doing some Spanish for a bit. The day was super smoky, the worst yet, and blustery, so no big spraying for S. With a second cup of coffee I made a Hometalk post for the black coffee table, I am so surprised this has not sold yet. S continued his internet news peruse.
After 11 p.m., I headed to town but back quick to grab a growler I had forgotten. I met Sharon and Coreena at Roadhouse to celebrate Sharon’s birthday. Amanda stopped by quickly to grab some pulls for a dresser she was missing. We had a great catchup and wrapped it up after 1 p.m. I dropped off another bag of makeup supplies for the Siksika girls’ school program and filled a growler with hard ice tea at Origin's before heading home.
Meanwhile, back at the ranch, B was eating lunch and then off to do Bird’s feet. S was putzing around the shop, having replaced three rails and weed-eating while I was gone. I caught Switch for B who applied her hoof armour before I was back inside catching up on a few accounting updates and throwing laundry in. S filled the car with fuel, and then he and I tackled the basement.
We completely revamped the pool room setting up the castle, moving the couches, and cleaning as we went. What a great feeling! I love moving rooms around. B fed and popped in before heading home around 4. We finished up after 5 and prepared our taco supper, testing out the new Saladmaster skillet.













Little Miss's grandmother took part in gymnastics as well so we could say four generations (of first borns) have been involved in gymnastics! Glad the horse's sheet wss torn and not the horse.
ReplyDeleteI guess that is a true gymnast family :) and agreed the horse could have done worse
Delete