Another 7:20 wake-up for me, followed by a quick Instagram scroll and a trip to the coffee making station. The weather is a bit smoky again, but it’s expected to be warmer than yesterday. Deb called and we had an hour-long catch-up. S had breakfast and headed to church while we chatted. I finished feeding Roo her meds and then we wrapped up. I received a call from Kaylin, where we discussed some more wedding plans. However, they all depend on numbers going, so I focused on encouraging a few people to RSVP soon.
Now, it’s time to get out and water my plants, toss hay to Roo, and head to marketing to upload photos from yesterday’s party. S returned from town with Vietnamese for lunch and a jug of milk.
We jumped into the fireball and jetted to town around 2:30 p.m. I did an in-home consultation for a customer (Ina) from back home who moved to a new home and whose husband plays hockey with Sheldon. We decided to refinish the dining tabletop with a natural stain-finishing oil. Now, we need to get it slotted in for its refresh. On the way home, we stopped by DQ because it’s only 25 degrees outside. We used our points to get each a treat and a Moo latte, as per Brittany’s text request. She finally made it out of bed and feeling well enough to do horse work after her 10 school reunion party last night.
I finally got all 65 photos from yesterday uploaded to the computer to put on the blog, as S hit big brown for a nap. I moved to the bed in the sunshine to write today’s post. Britt was working on Roo's feet, so I checked on her before taking the dogs for a walk. As she moved on to feeding the horses, I alerted S in Big Brown, who was now awake and on Facebook, that there were gophers in the winter pasture. He ventured out with his gun and sniped two. I also removed Jenkin’s necklace, as it seemed to be healing well.
B and Cooper headed off to help a friend and her new foal, while I made super veggie salads with all our produce. When S got back, he threw some dry ribs in the air fryer, and we had supper. He also noticed out the window that the fox was checking his dead gophers after trying to catch a couple he missed. Both attempts were unsuccessful for these gophers, for S and the fox. It was then time for Spanish in the sunshine before a hot tub soak. Back inside, S showered and I hopped in to bed to read Mel Robbin's book The 5 Second rule while S perused X till lights out. The 5 second rule is simple and makes sense and can change procrastination, mental thoughts, goals etc... count 5-4-3-2-1 and JUST DO IT!




No comments:
Post a Comment