Friday, June 20, 2025

Golfing bowling kinda day

There was a bit more rain overnight, and the weather started to cool down and become overcast around 17 to start the day. Matt and Shaina were off to the gym at 9:30 as I worked on catching up on the blog. S was out and made us a latte to go with some yogurt for breakfast. While I typed, he surfed the many TV channels. The sun finally came out, and things started to look very nice for the first day of summer.

Shaina and Matt returned around 11:30, cooking up their post-workout breakfast/brunch. S made us another coffee, as they had picked up milk. Both of them had work to do, so S and I continued watching the American Pickers marathon. The guys left for golf at 1:300, and Shaina still had work to do, so I continued watching the show. During a break, Shaina and I went on a 3 km hike down their roadway to see other homes in the area.

Shaina helping out her Dad's overgrown brows

Back at the house, Shaina did some more work (this kid is always hustling her biz) and then hopped into the shower. She kindly helped touch up my hair before Matt’s mom, Betty, and her husband, Tony, stopped by before 4:30 to pick us up. We took a back road to Kanata, where we had a delicious supper and visited Crazy Horse Saloon. We met Sheldon and Matt after their windy golf day at Splittsville Bowling.







first game results

It was an entertaining night of bowling for all of us. Shaina won the first game, and Matt won the second. I was stoked to get a strike each game! It was a very enjoyable and lovely belated Father’s and Mother’s Day gift from Shaina. Thanks! After saying our goodbyes, Matt drove us back to their house, where we played some cards before hitting the sheets. Another lovely day in the East.




2 comments: