Man, I dislike the sound of magpies, especially between 5:30 and 8. They are just so annoyingly shrill. I was up before 8 and made the coffees to enjoy while doing Spanish. Then, I moved on to marketing and creating/submitting my monthly work sheets. Roo was fed and medicated, and Har fed too. S took care of the cats, which required constant magpie watching because they’re so bold and eat right beside the cats and dog! S also swapped filters in the hot tub.
We had planned to go hiking with Harley and possibly Renn at Elbow Falls, but by the time we told Kaylin, they had taken Renny to school. I had cut her a bouquet of peonies earlier to take, so I went back out and cut me another one too. S had to boost Shaina’s Jeep because it was dead from sitting so long—I think her security system drains it faster.
Back at the ranch it was lunch with an iced coffee refreshment. S had put a charger on the Jeep battery then perused his laptop while I trouble shot yet another Microsoft problem. For the next couple hours I was off and on hold and help with technical support with a glitch on their end. So frustrating as I cannot do any blog work as that is where my photos are as well as the edited and watermarked ones. This really messed with my plans to take the dogs for a walk at the river too,
The weather was spectacular—full sun, a gentle breeze, and a comfortable 23 degrees. I mixed up food buckets and took them out to feed the horses. While they ate, I pulled and hoed weeds in the paddock. The bird wasn’t a fan of her watered-down feed from yesterday’s rain, so I ended up giving half to a couple of volunteers. S ran the quad wagon full of our weeds to the pit and unhooked the Jeep battery, which is now holding a charge better.
Another double rainbow evening
We prepped vegetables to go with steak for supper as the clouds rolled in and a bit of thunder rumbled. We waited a bit to cook, and to our surprise, it started raining while the sun was still out at 6:30 p.m. as S was grilling the deer tenderloin. It was a short-lived little rain shower, but of course, it was yet another delicious supper.
While we were outside, B texted that she had a flat tire and had it in the queue at a tire shop. At 8:30, they told her it was too worn out to repair, so she now needs four new tires. Her car is only a year and a half old, but she has already put on 70,000 km. We were in bed reading and perusing X as usual when she made it home on her spare after a supper meeting at 11:30. She also picked up a paint parcel that was at the gate for me. I had ran out at 11 and tossed Roo’s hay, but now B reset her boots, then she and Cooper were off for home at midnight. I closed my book and lights out not long after she left.










No comments:
Post a Comment