The usual routine began with me making coffee and delivered to bed and some Spanish lessons. It seems S and I are in the same league this week. After our lessons, I had surpassed 1000 points, while poor S still struggled to reach 300. After porridge, he started packing for his trip around the east. I was busy with marketing work then I went out to give Roo her medication. The lovely weather prompted me to water my raised beds.
Here is how Shaina spent her birthday yesterday, seems like quite a fabulous day <3S filled up the truck with fuel and headed east after 11 am, just as I finished watering my plants. Then, it was time to plan some exciting events to celebrate our 35th anniversary. I booked us into Abbamania playing at Jubilations and a comedy night on our anniversary weekend.
B was out at 1:30 pm, and we headed out for a ride. The weather was lovely, but Switch sensed something dangerous lurking in the pit and on the wood pile. Cooper barked and thought I saw some tan fur, but Roo remained unperturbed, while B found us all quite crazy. After my ride, I returned to blog work, and she then took Bird out. Bird also freaked out after a fox jumped out, and Cooper chased after it. It seemed there was indeed fox scent over the wood pile, and they were watching us from the trees. B said there were three foxes. After 3:30 pm, she headed to do bridesmaid stuff.
My next time-consuming task was sorting out an account we have no paper copies mailed for. It involved time with customer service and a couple of calls to S, who had triggered the statements sent online only to his account. Despite the many security hoops, they are necessary.
To help Jenkins, whose neck injury isn’t healing from licking or picking, I fashioned a makeshift cone out of a sock. He is such a casual character and really could care less about this new addition to his body.
The wind had died down, and the golden hour shone brightly, so I took the dogs and cat for a walk. However, the bugs were out without the wind. Along the middle fence, one of the foxes caught Cooper’s attention, and Cooper chased him back to the trees. I tried to get the deck pump to work, but it wouldn’t budge. So, I moved a hose to tap water and got it going on the peonies and my garden. Harley got a thorough brushing and pedicure.
Back inside, I continued uploading videos and photos from yesterday. There were a lot of them! Since I don’t eat well when I’m on my own, I had chips and dip for a late, mid-afternoon lunch. For supper, I had leftover sausage in bread. But it was very late. B returned from her bridesmaid tasks just before 10 p.m. There was still light to feed the animals, but barely. She approved Jay’s new necklace, and then she and Cooper were off before 10:30 p.m.
Now, it’s time to finish working on today’s blog and head to bed to read. I’m almost done my 660-page book! I read until midnight but did not quite finish. Shortly after midnight, I received a text from B saying it was raining in town and she was worried about Roo, who had no shelter. I got up and checked, but there was nothing here. However, 45 minutes later, the storm rolled in. There was a bit of rain (.01/10th), but it was very little. Instead, there was a ton of wind that blew for hours.







No comments:
Post a Comment