Wednesday, April 30, 2025

Potatoes planted

It was a day of good weather, but then it turned dreary and back to a spectacular day. I made a packing box, packed up the tiles, and added a shipping label to send them off. S chatted with his mom and Craig before running to town at 10:30 with his parcel to mail and supplies to buy for Matt. I updated all my accounting spreadsheets and did some marketing before heading to the garage to work on projects. 


first breakfast in the new house

Britt was out around the same time S was back with Opa I ordered via the app, including my FREE birthday wrap. She rode and fed in the dreary weather of the day. Not long after she left, the sun came out, and it got so nice. I was sanding tons on the nightstand, new glide feet were added then started the dresser. I removed the hardware and wood designs and reglued the first drawer together. It was left to dry. Sadly, there’s one that was previously repaired but done terribly, and I think it will be a tough fix.

S had gone to Matt’s at 1 p.m. and was back now at 3:30 p.m. He helped me pull the grass encroaching onto the garden, and we planted two and 1/4 rows of potatoes, channeling his inner GG. Pat had shared this with him on their call this morning, so we decided to give it a try early. Lexi enjoyed sniffing around while Harley just relished pets and hanging out, waiting for her super.

We wrapped up at 4:30 p.m., fed Har, and had a couple of cold drinks on the deck while doing Spanish lessons. We didn’t take anything out for supper, so it was a clean-out-the-fridge and add-scrambled-eggs kind of meal. They turned out good. We then took the two dogs for a walk, followed by a hot tub, all before 6:30 p.m.


pit work from yesterday 

Of course, it was then hockey for S, and I worked on the blog while enjoying the golden hour sunshine from the bed with the windows open for fresh air. I finished the 5th and final season of You before we went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment