Saturday, April 19, 2025

Easter supper

There was a crazy coyote calling at 2:30. I woke S who found the "bang" that would scare him off but he had quite by then. The ground was wet and a drizzle still happening when I woke for the day at 8. This had me concerned for the boxes in the back of the truck. S drove them into the shop when he woke at 9. Time for a couple coffees.


Little miss one year ago

I brought the turkey in to put in water for a bit. I caught up the blogs and posted yesterday. A pan of brownies were made and baked up preheating the oven. Potatoes were prepped and the turkey put in the oven around 130. B was out after 2 catching roo and taking her for a leisurely ride. S took the dogs for a walk and to his shop. I did more plant care chopping dead roots off one orchid in hopes of getting it to bloom again.



B and S worked together to tidy the shelter areas of old hay and crap. The Boysis family arrived around 4:30 as the poop pickers finished up. The huge turkey was not cooked and took many more hours of cutting some off and putting back in the oven. We decided no more 30 pound turkeys ever unless a family of 30 was here. 


I got her this cute little 12 month outfit in hopes of her fitting at one but she now is wearing it at nearly two




Nathan and Renn went out to see J as the day turned sunny. It was a good timing, though, as another rain cloud rolled through around 6:30 p.m. while it was still sunny. Shaina FaceTimed us all for an Easter visit after she and Matt went to his grandma’s for Easter dinner.


3 photos by Nathan


Eventually, we all ate and enjoyed dessert later. We dyed eggs in a new baking soda and vinegar technique. Renny had a bath to get cleaned up, and Auntie B read her some stories.











Britt and Cooper headed home at 8:30 p.m., and Renn went to bed soon after. K and N set up their Easter egg hunt, and we all headed to bed after 10 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment