Thursday, April 17, 2025

Not 1 but 2 coyotes today

There was a loud noise at 6:30 am, like a puppy playing or wrestling, that jolted me awake. It continued, so I rushed to the front door to see a coyote right on the gravel. I quickly ran back to grab my phone, only to find two more right at the island. I was so shocked I did not get a video then, but I snapped these two pictures.




but such a pretty sunrise

I yelled again, but nothing happened. So, I grabbed a pot and lid and banged them together, and they scooted to the south. I went back to bed, and a minute later, I heard them again. This time, they were back, but a bit to the east. Wow! And what about my guard dog? Well, she was off to the garage door lickety split both times. She was definitely not involved in this.

I grabbed the pot and lid again, but they weren’t affected this time. As they slowly meandered to the north, I called Harley out and pointed them out. Once she finally spotted them, she turned for the house. Perhaps it’s the gun connection? Or maybe she’s just not brave to this kind of dog.

I brewed a cup of coffee and practiced some Spanish while keeping an eye out. Eventually, the coyotes disappeared into the winery, so I headed to marketing with my second cup after a shower. It’s going to be a long day starting so early. I was happy to see the cats show up for breakfast.

I was feeding Harley when she started barking like crazy, finally! But lo and behold, it turned out to be Matt being dropped off to pick up the skid steer to borrow. The weather went from bright, sunny, and peaceful to grey, blustery, and threatening rain. Rain I want, but not the wind.

Project time! I applied a second coat to the coffee table and the first coat to the stool base while the coats dried. I was working on yesterday’s blog when the snow finally arrived, but it was short-lived. The sun came out, but it still looks gloomy all around. Time for a BST for lunch.


It was time for the cabinet pickup before 1 p.m. The weather had straightened out for this part, but soon after they left, a snow squall rolled in again. I conditioned the stool seat, then painted it a second coat and the top and back of the coffee table again because black shows all the brush marks. The stool seat was stained a golden ash.


The sun was out now and looked so sunny. I took Harley out for a walk but yikes the wind was bitterly cold and only 7. I went down to get Easter decorations out but it seems the tub is buried deep so I passed on that plan. I got her fed and came in for a bowl of salad for my supper.


Nathan sent this spectacular photos to brighten my day


It was time for the drudgery chores: plant watering, laundry, vacuuming, and finally, the floor was washed. This led to cleaning out the junk drawer, which took a long time. B was out just before 8, and Matt returned the skid steer shortly after. She fed the horses and headed home without a hello or goodbye.


I had brought the stool in to check out the stained top and wasn’t a fan of the two together. So, I went back out and applied a coat of walnut stain. It was so much better. The top edge was screwed back on the coffee and covered till I have help to carry in. I wrapped up my cleaning tasks at 9:30 and headed to bed to watch LIB on the big TV.








No comments:

Post a Comment