Saturday, April 12, 2025

Successful Renn sleepover

It was a disrupted sleep night. B picked Cooper up from work at 1 a.m., and I woke up at 3 a.m. I thought my phone might burn out with the baby monitor on all night, so I unplugged it. S woke up at 4 a.m., and Jay started compiling around 5 a.m so I turned the phone back on, and then a little voice chirped, “Nana!” at 6:40 a.m. I left her as she was quiet for the next 40 minutes. She rolled around, rested, and chattered off and on peacefully with a random Bapa in there too before I went to get her up. What a happy girl! It turned out that her parents had a crappy night of sleep too, as worrying parents. Renn however slept like a baby :)

She and I had a bite to eat, then cuddled in bed and watched her favourite Minnie Mouse. I made coffees and delivered one to Bapa before 9 a.m. She was excited to find him as he was not in his usual bed or big brown, and he joined us in bed for a bit of TV. The day was cool and blustery, so we had to divert her attention from going outside with lots of play and of course, “snacks.”



Great imagination she has.



Bapa joins us for a bit of Minnie


She insisted in sitting in the doll highchair and sure enough, she fits where she sits :)



We must cheers coins and say Happy Birthday :)


Kaylin and Nathan arrived before 11 a.m. with the pups and had brought Starbucks pancake bites for little miss. They managed to tidy up the house and make it open house ready for 10 a.m then head out. We had a visit before they headed back to the city for nap time at noon. It was a reassuring sleepover for them I think, and we hope there will be more to come.

S and I had leftover lunch, and I put the rotisserie chicken bones in the pot to make soup. It was a good day to stay in and have our 1 p.m. Zoom workshop. B was out around 2:30 p.m. She ate her fifth Tim’s pizza of the week and then headed out to trim two horses’ hooves. S and Coop were off by 4:30 p.m. as I was prepping the soup vegetables. The soup was the perfect supper for this yucky day and S’s cold.

S had turned off the garage heat a week or so ago, so it was too cold to apply another stain coat to the drawer fronts or work on the cabinet. Guess it’s my workday off. He installed the new router, which required a bit of technical help from our ISP, but soon we had all the devices swapped to it. It started to rain at 6:30, which soon turned to sleet and snow, but all the moisture is welcome.


S was watching hockey and researching GIC's on his laptop while I finished writing yesterday’s blog post. I uploaded almost 60 photos, mostly of Renn and wrote today’s blog in bed while watching the season finale of Surface. I was watching the new Million Dollar Secret episodes when S gave up on hockey and came to bed. The snow stopped at 9:30 and started to melt as still PLUS 2. We started a new documentary series about kid influencers and their awful parents. However, S soon fell asleep, and after the first episode, I think I understand why it’s usually a bad idea. Greed takes over.






































No comments:

Post a Comment