Friday, April 18, 2025

Good Friday

I was awake at 3:30 a.m., listening to podcasts for over an hour, before waking up again at 6:30 a.m. for no apparent reason other than my own circadian rhythm. The place was incredibly quiet, with beautiful sunshine streaming in. I’ve been thinking about the upcoming church sale and want to declutter more, so my day went straight into cleaning. I continued with the kitchen drawers, sorted the linens, and washed the walls of slime marks (there are a lot). I also cleaned the bathrooms, wiping the tops of everything. This deep cleaning feels good and very productive.


Oh my heart <3

I took the 30-pound turkey out of the freezer and put it in the fridge, but I think I’ll have to put it in water later due to its size. I also gave the stool seat a clear coat.

I took a break at 10 a.m. to do some marketing and share the two new tutorials on the link-up parties. This led to the office purge & clean out. I love seeing my desk clutter-free. I finished up the soup and headed downstairs to find the Easter box. 


Little miss was having a hard day and sore tummy and soon was asleep on her Mom's shoulder.

This led to the rest of the day spent cleaning the furnace room. I have a huge pile of things to take to the rummage sale next week. The sorting process took me up in the spare room, Squirrel, where I went through all the gift bags and paper there too. B was out around 2 p.m. to go for a ride. S arrived home briefly at 2:30 p.m. to unload Costco items before jetting off to church. I continued with my sorting, purging, and cleaning. B fed and ran the paddock blade around in the two closest paddocks, which looked great, then left. I did bring the turkey in to soak in water as still frozen solid being so big.

just 44 of the pantry storage Tupperware pieces

Grama and Papa sent this pretty bought, Thank you!

The Easter box was unearthed, and many treasures were reacquainted with. The super sweet Easter eggs Candace made the girls years ago were put in each girl’s room, as it seemed there was a bit of denting happening in the very full box.





Nathan sent this capture from today <3

S was home from town at 5:30 p.m. having grabbed the pile of moving boxes I had arranged with a gal for K & N, as well as a few more groceries. After his hard day of visiting his parents, driving here, going to church, and doing a few errands, he hit big brown for a nap.

I had taken tenderloin out for supper because S continues to worry the meat will freeze burn. After supper, I took Harley for a well-needed walk while S read his book in big brown. Back inside, I worked on the blog for today, and he was in the TV room. It was a somber Friday of Holy Week, as S says it is meant to be. I sanded and gave the stool seat another coat of walnut stain, as I’m not a fan of the clear coat. I put the turkey back in the garage fridge overnight. I started a new series called Ransom Canyon, which was so-so.


No comments:

Post a Comment