Awake after 7 with a coffee in hand, I found myself wondering where June has gone. All three camping trips were cancelled and the concert ended up being more cold windstorm than summer event. Hopefully July has better plans in store.
I put the sprinkler on the peonies again, hoping the wind had eased overnight, but no such luck. After tossing Roo a flake of hay, I settled in at the computer to tackle the IKEA organizer tutorial and relist a few items on Etsy. The tariff situation is still creating challenges, but we'll see what happens.
S spent the morning on his laptop. Around noon he realized his appointment was booked at a different location than he had thought, leading to a bit of confusion before confirming he did in fact need to be at the northwest office. Once that was sorted out, I checked with Nathan to see if he was home so Lexi could be dropped off on S's way through.
B and Cooper arrived for horse chores while I fed Lexi the last of her raw food. Her princess spa vacation treatment was coming to an end. Once she had eaten and been outside, I loaded her into S's truck. After a quick fuel stop, he headed out around 12:45.
With B planning a ride, I caught Switch and joined her. It was one of those blustery days that at least had one advantage—no bugs. After our ride, I left Switch in the barn while B trimmed Roo's feet and then Jimmy's.
Back at the house, I poured myself a cold drink and called Lori K for a long overdue catch-up. I was just wrapping up our conversation when B stopped in around 3:30 to say goodbye before heading home to tackle house chores and get ready for baseball.
My next project was removing the remnants of my gel toenail polish. There wasn't much left, but considering salons charge $10–15 just to remove it, I figured I could handle that job myself.
Earlier in the day a lady had messaged about the chunky kids' chairs and said she would stop by at 4. Sure enough, right on time she arrived while I was mixing up a couple small paint pots for touch-ups. One more item crossed off the list.
That left me staring at yet another growing pile of photos needing to be sorted. Somehow they multiply faster than I can organize them.
S rolled back into the ranch around 5 after his trip to the city as Harley and I were walking home on our walk. I had secretly hoped he might arrive with supper, but no such luck. He settled for cereal while I opted for a yogurt bowl.
While S enjoyed a hot tub soak, I started watching a Lainey Wilson documentary. Once he came inside, we finally finished Shrinking season 3. After that, it was back to our usual entertainment—more Clarkson farming antics to round out the evening.





No comments:
Post a Comment