The usual 7 a.m. start for me began with coffee and Instagram before the day got underway. Happiest of birthdays to Nathan Michael. They are off this morning to Invermere - the secret weekend away to celebrate his birthday and Father's Day, ENJOY all!
My first job was tossing Roo her hay and removing the bandage she had managed to work halfway down her leg. Then it was shower time and on with the day.
I spent the morning outside watering and weeding while Lexi sniffed her way around the yard and S raked up the branches from the magpie nest he knocked down yesterday and put in fire pit. H was headed out on a road trip to Brooks to pick up swather parts by 11.
The dogs and I headed back inside where I resumed the usual routine of marketing, cleaning, and tackling a few household jobs. Today Shaina is flying to Montreal to meet Matt who has been out in Ottawa since last Wednesday. They will attend a concert there and then head home Monday. Have fun.
By late morning I was off to town with a list of errands. I picked up a prescription, dropped off a box of goodies at the Take It or Leave It, and finally tried a chicken wrap from the new Greek place that also happens to be run by East Indians. A couple more Amazon returns were sent on their way before I dropped off a gym bag full of clothes at the homeless project.
Lunch was eaten at B's while I picked up Cooper, and I grabbed a Father's Day gift on my way home as well.
Back at the ranch around 2:30, S was already home and back at work on the swather. I headed straight to the gravel area around the raised beds armed with determination to tackle the dandelions and thistles. One full bucket later, Roo was thrilled with the harvest. I also added fertilizer and straw around my strawberry plants, which are absolutely loaded with berries.
S eventually came in looking frustrated. After driving all the way to Brooks, every part he picked up was correct except for a 70-cent O-ring. The wrong parts meant the whole trip was essentially wasted, and another road trip would be needed to return parts and get the right ones. He settled into Big Brown to track down what was needed while I moved on to watering the houseplants. Eventually he ordered parts in Calgary and will get them next week.
Outside again, I installed a new soaker hose in the large raised bed and moved the old one over to the garden so both areas could be watered more efficiently. They're calling for rain this weekend, but around here that doesn't always mean much.
I also chopped all my spinach down hoping for regrowth but will see. It turns out horses are not fans of spinach leaves or stalks.
I finished the Every Year After series while S enjoyed a soak in the hot tub. After B arrived to feed and take Cooper home, I started watching a Noah Kahan documentary.
When S came back inside, we wrapped up the night the way we often do these days—finishing Season 3 of Clarkson's Farm together.





I wonder why no freebee?
ReplyDeleteCause it is a vacation town and the only place I know that offers a full entire free birthday meal is here in Strathmore !
Delete